new PID Controller

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Smokin-It Nation

I just wanted to share with you our new Gen 3 digital PID controller,  Based on the WIFI controller version
the new Gen3 will come standard with 2 meat probes and a 1" wide by 4" long LCD screen for easy programming.  This is now standard equipment on the following models, 2D,3D,3.5D and 5D.

Attachments

• new black PID FRONT.jpg
    new black PID FRONT.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 484
  • new pid black 2 probes.jpg
    new pid black 2 probes.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 418
  • new black PID back.jpg
    new black PID back.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 458
Looks great. I wonder if with this Gen 3, the analogs could be updated with it.
And will be available as a separate item?

Why not just ditch the 'D' models and strictly go DW?  It would require less inventory management, reduce cost of the DW over time (economy of scale), and reduce support cost as there would only be one type to support going forward.

LarryD,
we did give serious thought to not offering a non WIFI digital controller but  we still have a demand for it.
some customers just don't want to spend the extra monies for the WIFI.

EFGM,

The Gen3 non WIFI will be offered as a replacement down the road,  we have all the units ear-marked for smoker production as of right now.  I have no plans to update the simple analog controller at this time.  We did look into offering a very simple digital controller to replace the analog but we could not produce at a low enough price point to make it a option.  But we will continue to look at other possible options.

SmokinItInfo said:
EFGM,

The Gen3 non WIFI will be offered as a replacement down the road,  we have all the units ear-marked for smoker production as of right now.  I have no plans to update the simple analog controller at this time.  We did look into offering a very simple digital controller to replace the analog but we could not produce at a low enough price point to make it a option.  But we will continue to look at other possible options.

Thank you for quick response!

Chef BBQ said:
Was it an oversight that you did not include the 4D WIFI in your list of models?

I *think* all of the Wifi models are Gen 3....  this post is specifically talking about the ones with the PID that does not have Wifi.

Back