The Fireboard remote thermometer, with Bluetooth, WiFi and Cloud Support

aswails said:
After looking at the Meater, I think I'll have to take the wait and see approach as well.  Great concept and great looking product.  I hope it works.  I'm comfortable being wired in for now.  Is there a target ship date?  I didn't actually see one for it.

+1.  As I've repeatedly said, I love the concept, and hope it works out well!  I'm just a skeptic, when it comes to new technology...been burned WAY too many times, in all my trips around the sun, falling for promises that have yet to be delivered.  I will be watching from afar, though! ;) 

DM,  Wondering if you have continued to use the Fireboard?  If so, thoughts after some time with it?  I know they are supposed to start shipping production perhaps this month or next.  This is something I'd like to pull the trigger on, just haven't really seen much in ways of reviews online or with any other source other than you.

Didn't know if you thoughts improved with time, stayed the same or perhaps came across some reservations.

Thanks

Yes, I've used it much more, and like it just as much!  They have improved the app to have zoom on the charts, so you can really see temps and times much better.  They are on-pace, and are working hard to add improvements (like a case and stand).  Good thermo!

The Meater looks awesome!

I have suffered backing a few KS projects that never delivered and some that never even communicated.  At least it seems the folks at Meater are updating you on progress.

If reviews are positive once KS folks get their units I will probly buy one once it becomes available on Amazon....probably 2018 at this point.

Purchased a Fireboard after sitting on the fence about it for months. I'll post my review this weekend when I do 4 butts.

Used it for 2 back-to-back pork butt smokes already. Got it just in time to do 4 butts for a grad party this weekend (my 1st paid gig). Diggin' the fireboard!
I'll def post a review once I get a chance.  Popped for the BBQ extreme version since I really needed 4 meat probes.  They also now have a weatherproof box for it.
Here's a peek at the smoke from last night/today

Attachments

• IMG_1124.PNG.jpg
    IMG_1124.PNG.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 502
Jason - That was interesting to see how box and meat react to heat over time.  Thanks for posting. David

So Tony - Jason or any others using the Fireboard vs the Thermoworks Smoke. Which one would you still recommend? I will need to monitor 4 to 6 different meat temps. 

Walt - Try the search feature. You might be pretty much on your own as to which one to go with. Haven't heard from Tony since April. Jason seems to have the most current experience with th FireBoard.

Sorry, been off the boards for a while ... and I've still not done a writeup on the fireboard. However, I have 2 other friends that now have fireboards as well so I think that tell's ya how much I like mine :-)

Hey all,

I'm back to stay!  Just an update... I still have my original Fireboard test model, and it's still performing GREAT!  I highly recommend them, and believe they are well-made.  I'm sure the current releases are even better than my "small batch" test model, so you can't go wrong getting one.  Very well-made probes, too. 

Back