We like BBQ. We like fishing. What about guns?

• Thread starter Thread starter RG
  • Start date Start date
That's a cool little piece right there! I like the patina. It looks heavy, built like a tank, very solid.

My little pea shooter isn't going to be here until tomorrow. UPS had marked it as arriving Monday originally (since they don't do Saturday delivery unless you PAY for it). Then the suckers updated tracking Friday morning saying that it was scheduled for early delivery on Friday! I was stoked! I went off to work thinking that I was going to have a toy to play with when I got home. Nope. It said the same message about early delivery ALL day then at about 7:00pm it changed back to Monday as the gun sat at the Atlanta hub ALL day instead of being out for delivery.  >:( >:( >:(

Cruel I tell ya!  :P

Gentlemen, the time has arrived. The little 22 plinker finally arrived yesterday late afternoon. I came home today and adorned it with all of the silly garb I ordered to make it look like a big gun. It's overkill but it does look cool, lol.

mk2201.jpg

mk2202.jpg

mk2203.jpg

I bought 1240 rounds of 22lr ammo too. I am going to go up to my Brother's place this weekend with my Wife and Son and we're going to test it out. I bought some targets to take to some property in the middle of nowhere that a friend of my brother owns. We'll be firing both 9 mms, the 22, a 357 magnum and a 12 gauge tactical shotgun. Should be a fun redneck day for all! LOL

Nice Jason!!  I like that a lot!  I can see one of those in my future...  What accessories did you go with?  Not sure what is OEM, and what is not, looking at your picture.  Obviously, the optics, light and forend grip/bipod are additions, but I'm wondering if that stock is all factory?

I went back an read some older posts in here where I was asking about AR-15s and chuckled when I got to the part where you talk about people throwing anything they can on their guns to make it look cool, and that's exactly what I did to this little 22, lol. I added that cheap little scope, it comes off easily, no tools needed, just thumb screws, so I can shoot with the flip up sights. Other than adding that scope, I added the flashlight, laser, bipod as you already stated, sling and rail covers. It was all very cheap so I figured why not? The light and laser have pressure switches which I have strapped to the bipod, so that's neato, lol. It looks like a cool little plinker, can't wait to give it a rip!

I was wondering if the rail covers were included.  Nice touch!  I would recommend getting a cheap laser bore sighter to get the sights/scope close.  You'll still have to refine them a bit, but it's a great starting point.  Either that, or take it to your local gun shop and have them bore sight it for you.

Any idea what a gun shop would charge to bore sight it? Do you know of a good brand of bore sights? I was looking at 9mm ones a few weeks back,  hard to find a good one it seemed at the time.  Mixed reviews.

RG said:
Any idea what a gun shop would charge to bore sight it? Do you know of a good brand of bore sights? I was looking at 9mm ones a few weeks back,  hard to find a good one it seemed at the time.  Mixed reviews.

Not sure - never had one done at a gun shop.  Places like Academy, and Cabela's, have inexpensive ones.  You should be able to find a universal model for $20-30.  They have replaceable shafts that go in different barrel sizes, so they work with more than one caliber.  Don't worry about reviews...this is not something you'll use often, and it's only to get it "close."  A lot of people reviewing things like this really don't have the foggiest idea of what they're talking about!  A bore sight is just a starting point, and a lot of people who buy these expect tack-driving accuracy...ain't gonna happen!

I wasn't very happy last time I had the shop bore sight a weapon.  I couldn't get on paper at 25yds...so I removed the bolt (bolt actions are great for this) and bore sighted that way.  Should've gone back to get my $10 back, but I just decided to not take a rifle in for bore sighting.  Figure I can get any style weapon on paper @25 which is all bore sighting is designed to do

Over the last year of so our neighborhood has been invaded by flying rats (pigeons).  After having enough of the pigeon poop covering my sidewalk and driveway, I invested in a .177 pellet gun of the 1250 fps variety.  It came with a POS scope that has caused me a lot of grief but finally got it to where more birds are falling off the roof than not. 

Heck Dave a little dip in the brine and some rub then some smokin-it magic and you've got a main course there! Just don't chip a tooth on a pellet. I wonder what sides would go good with pigeon?  :o

Hey guys what's your take on this 9mm because I am looking ..........................http://www.magnumresearch.com/Baby-Desert-Eagle-III.asp

Hey Ginger, This looks like a nice piece. Might I suggest a 9mm for you it is the Beretta M9. This is the pistol that I carried as a security guard. I have put over 500 rounds thru it having to qualify to renew my license. Out of the box is a very smooth weapon and very accurate . I carry 10 rounds in the clips but will hold 15 rounds. Also this is very easy to break down to clean. And it was the standard issue for military a few years back. Here is some more info on this piece. http://www.beretta.com/en-us/m9/ Since I have not used the pistol you asked about cannot recommend it. But, since I have used and carried the Beretta I can recommend it for home protection. I also have a Colt Mk IV /series series 70 government model 45 acp 1911 for back up. I carry 5 rounds in its clip. I figure if 5 won't put a person down then throw the gun at him.. Good luck with your choice.

OFFSHORE GINGER said:
Hey guys what's your take on this 9mm because I am looking ..........................http://www.magnumresearch.com/Baby-Desert-Eagle-III.asp
I prefer a revolver and something with more knock down power like .357.

DivotMaker said:
OFFSHORE GINGER said:

Go .40 or .45 ACP, and steel frame.  I've seen the steel .45 ACP, but haven't had a chance to shoot one.  Really well-built, but I'm really surprised Magnum Research is making a Tupperware gun. :(
Which leads to a question of whether or not this weapon will be fired by both male and female shooters?  I've been shopping for a small handled .357 so that both the wife and I can use it effectively in a defense situation. 

SuperDave said:
DivotMaker said:
OFFSHORE GINGER said:

Go .40 or .45 ACP, and steel frame.  I've seen the steel .45 ACP, but haven't had a chance to shoot one.  Really well-built, but I'm really surprised Magnum Research is making a Tupperware gun. :(
Which leads to a question of whether or not this weapon will be fired by both male and female shooters?  I've been shopping for a small handled .357 so that both the wife and I can use it effectively in a defense situation.

It shouldn't matter.  I've trained plenty of female police officers to handle & shoot full-size S&W .40 cal duty pistols (like the S&W 4046), without a problem.  They are more capable than a lot of men give them credit for. 

DivotMaker said:
OFFSHORE GINGER said:
Tony , First off no poly here and to tell you the truth I really was thinking of this weapon ( two ) for my first choice for my wife and I  http://www.magnumresearch.com/Firearms/Magnum-Research-Baby-Desert-Eagle-II-9mm-Steel-Full-Size-15-round.asp and to tell you the truth a 9mm would be a perfect weapon to get my wife involved in shooting considering a 45 packs a little to much wallop for her and posting the link for a Desert Eagle- three was my mistake ..............sorry .

How about a .38 special +P  S&W has some nice revolvers that are small frame and would fit nicely in a small or large hand. I got this pic off the S&W website. I think retail is 699.  With some of the potent personal protection ammo the .38 is pretty formidable plus it's not hard to conceal or shoot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 293
Back