"Big Red" is HERE!!

I do not know if Steve is going to offer an upgrade kit for the analog controlled smokers. He will, in time, offer the upgraded controller for the D models since it will be largely unplug the old and plug in the new.  Tony (DivotMaker) likely has more info on this than I do since he gets to field test and help in development.

Been awhile since I been on, hello again.  Saw this on Facebook.  Looks very similar to a Heatermeter, looks like they built their own board to replace the pi/home brew setup though.

Cool upgrade

An idea you might want to work on is IFTTT or an Alexa skill.  It’s fun to get Alexa to tell you what your probe temps/pit temp are and be able to get her to adjust the temp on command.  Homebridge is a good way to get into HomeKit for Siri control without having to do all the work to get HomeKit approval.

I would definitely be interested in a Big Red conversion on my SI #2.. Digital conversion was temping but adding WiFi capability is the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back for me.
I will patiently wait and hope that Steve offers a conversion kit for my antique SI-2...
Still Smokin
Ralph

Hey Guys,
It has been a while since I have logged on, just busy as heck with work.
Anyways, I have an 11lb brisket that is now in the resting cycle. Super excited about the new controller, I definitely want one for my 3d!
Best Greg

old sarge said:
Welcome back Greg. Waiting for the new controller and Tony's first full report.
Hey David,
Good to hear from you also, the new controller sounds perfect. This should really help to sell the digital units. The current version is to techie for most folks.
Greg

Liking the WiFi Auber this is built from. This is my first smoke on my #3 using it.

y4muNLu4HY81kk1ivLFX1k5zzn6CMf6w30KqZt27579WN4k_cq9pAQPgLvViPx18-cTyFN25UTa6sja-KAKPNzZ05RQJCi_r0wwV7hnhpDyTzI68gwk1EvgsNwJH3S_CNrch0c7P778wM9IapCXvCS7ZaeRHePeKoNxXjP6AY6Kd1QRzkXU5WC4A_JRdidnZXadi8DAg661Wl7aUc94isitHQ

I'm not sure, once I found the power button and got it on to WiFi, I stopped reading the manual.  It has functionality to work with a Bradley and control the smoke generator.  I am not sure if that is related to it or not.  One of these days I will sit down and take a read to learn more.

Any update?  I'm going to be out of town for a bit next week, and I was really hoping to get this by Father's Day.  😬

So being that you and I are in Utah, and the store says it takes 2-3 days to ship, it’s about 7 business days from ordering to receiving. That means the best case situation if you were to order tomorrow is Wednesday the 13th. He needs to have it available to order by Wednesday for you to safely get it on time. I would probably call Steve at this point instead of relying on the forum. He can give you the latest update and possibly take your order over the phone:

http://www.smokin-it.com/aboutus.asp

Good luck and you are a good person to get this for the lucky father!

I had emailed a couple days ago and Steve's reply was that they will be announced on the website and social media once available.

Does anyone know if the Wifi is capable of transmitting data online for remote reads? It would be awesome to be able to leave the network and still access the cook data. I have a "Meater" which can do this via the cloud so the newly designed PID should have the ability.

LandToSea said:
I had emailed a couple days ago and Steve's reply was that they will be announced on the website and social media once available.
Did Steve give any indication of how soon that might be?

Piksil said:
Did Steve give any indication of how soon that might be?

I got the same response as LandToSea.  He told me they had no set release date.  So, I was given no indication of even a remote time frame. 

I emailed Steve also and his response on 6/4 at roughly 5pm was "We hope to have the wifi units available by the end of this week".

Given that this is a new product with all of the difficulties that entails if it were before the end of June I would be very pleased.

Waiting to order my first smoker so it is worth the wait for the new controller.

Jason

Back