Vac Master pro 140

I'm still enjoying pulled pork I recently sealed. Just as tasty as when it was taken out of the smoker. I just put the bag in water that was simmering for a while. Put it on some of those Hawaiian sweet bread rolls from the store. It was really good. I'm really happy with the job the sealer does. Plus its really simple to use. I would recommend it to a friend.

drains said:
I'm still enjoying pulled pork I recently sealed. Just as tasty as when it was taken out of the smoker. I just put the bag in water that was simmering for a while. Put it on some of those Hawaiian sweet bread rolls from the store. It was really good. I'm really happy with the job the sealer does. Plus its really simple to use. I would recommend it to a friend.

Hey Dale, don't you wish you would have gotten the pro140 sooner. Glad it is working out for you.

Based on this thread just ordered mine - still on sale for $79.99.  Website address is: https://www.vacmasterfresh.com/outlet/ if you're interested.

It came today...my wife immediately moved it from the place of honor I'd given it on the counter and stuck it in the cupboard...this might not go well.

damnfingers said:
It came today...my wife immediately moved it from the place of honor I'd given it on the counter and stuck it in the cupboard...this might not go well.

Wow...may take a little "convincing" to show her the benefit of the vacuum sealer! ;)

My wife also did not like the idea of decorating the granite counter tops with the sealer. But since I showed her how to use it and we use it every day, on the counter it sits!

Greg

+1, need to show her how to use the sealer and then maybe she will allow it to be displayed in her kitchen.  ???

I've been happy with this seller, a variety to pick from.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=100+Quart+8x12+FoodVacBags+4+mil+Vacuum+Sealer+Bags%21+Great+Food+Saver+%26+%24+Saver%21&_id=251724681116&&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2658

Gallons are large, but you can cut in 1/2.  Quarts are good for leftovers, but not full meat to store.  If that makes sense. 

Ohiophil said:
OK I am ordering a 140 what bags would you recommend I use to start off with ?

For the most part I used large bags, but you can also use roll bags and cut. I know one of our members buys them on Ebay, I have been buying them off of Amazon.

These are the bags I use every day with the sealer.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BAE0A4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Here are the roll bags I bought last time on Amazon which work well
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052BOEXG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Greg

Thanks guys I ordered the 140 and off their site I got 100 gallon bags 100 quart bags and two rolls of material $122 delivered to my door 😃

Ohiophil said:
Thanks guys I ordered the 140 and off their site I got 100 gallon bags 100 quart bags and two rolls of material $122 delivered to my door 😃

Sounds like a great price and deal!

Greg

You'll like the 140 Phil. Its very simple to use and gives great results. I use mine more than I thought I would and I would buy it again. I buy meat in bulk from sams and seal it for the freezer. I have 4 large bags of smoked pork butt in the freezer already. Many more uses that you will discover on your own also. Good luck!

Thanks guys it's not here yet so I guess I'll just have to eat all these ribs

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 444
Ohiophil said:
Thanks guys it's not here yet so I guess I'll just have to eat all these ribs
Hey Phil nice looking ribs, great color. Remember cold ribs and coffee make a great breakfast.

Just purchased the VacMaster Pro 140, for the closeout price of 79.99. In addition to that, all bags and rolls were 10% off, so added three 100-packs (enough to get my order over $99 for free shipping). PLUS, plugged in my email address, and got ANOTHER 15% off the entire order. Spent $104 for everything.

Having inconsistent success pulling a vacuum on the Vacmaster bags.  Read on the internet that crinkling the tops of the bags would help...it does!  Not a bad vacuum pull after trying it.

I saw the same youtube video (if that's what you saw). The guy mentioned he was using cheap knock-off bags he bought on Ebay, which is why he had to crinkle the tops. Not supposed to happen with the VacMaster bags. I ordered the Full Mesh bags (supposed to offer better air removal), so we'll see when I get them.

Back