Vac Master pro 140

Just placed my order for the 140 and a couple hundred assorted bags. Sealer and bags together were only 112.00 with free shipping. Can't wait to get it and get started. I guess I need to visit Sams and HEB to get some meat to test the new toy on.

As an aside, I've been freezing 10 roma tomatos per bag.  Not sure how they will turn out thawed, but we'll see.

Hey John did you blanch the tomatoes prior to freezing them? I just canned 5 quarts of tomato juice. Not sure if yours will be good without blanching them!

Ordered the 140 pro last night  it has already shipped this afternoon. Thanks everyone for making my decision easy.

Thanks Bill I'm sure I will be. I've been looking for an excuse to buy one , just hoping it gets here before Saturday I'm smoking a 10 pound pork shoulder. As much as the family loves pork I know we won't eat all that. 

FYI, QVC has one tonight similar? for $129 and comes with 10 rolls of 11 x 12 bags.  Rolls looked small on TV. 

These companies must be cleaning out 2015 and ramping up for new xmas looks.

Just a question after looking at the pics of this sealer.  Has anyone tried sealing a bag that's standing up?  Just thinking I might not have to pre-freeze soups/sauces like I do with the foodsaver

mizzoufan said:
Just a question after looking at the pics of this sealer.  Has anyone tried sealing a bag that's standing up?  Just thinking I might not have to pre-freeze soups/sauces like I do with the foodsaver
I have done them hanging over the counter as had some juice in the bag with the brisket and it worked ok. I believe there is a way to do soups. Or liquids..

My 140 and bags have arrived. Not bad I ordered on the 19th and got it the 21st. Good job FedEx. Got the whole weekend to try it out. Let the fun begin!

Damn mine came in today to . I just put in a shoulder should be ready for lunch tomorrow , with plenty of leftovers .

Got mine setup. Just waiting on the butts to get done. It'll be awhile. Sealed some cheese and lunch meat. Worked really well no problems. Gonna seal some pulled pork later on. Got two butts smoking now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 375
Hey Dale, Glad you finally pulled the trigger on the pro 140. I am very happy with mine. Tomorrow will smoke 3 racks of ribs as having a birthday party for my Dad. He was 96 yesterday, he still drives and does most of his own work around the house. I hope I will be in as good a shape as he is if I reach that age.

Hey Bill, wish your dad a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!🎁 from all of us here in the land of lazy Q. Your Dad is setting the bar awfully high. I hope you inherited your Dads genes for longevity! Have a great time Bill!

Thank-you Dale and blessings to you and your family. I am not sure I really got his jeans. But, am hoping. Have a great weekend.

I can't believe I have waited until now to get a vacuum sealer.  This thing is great.  Tonight I had some leftover ribs from a smoke last week.  Almost like getting them straight off the smoker.

Glock_21 said:
I can't believe I have waited until now to get a vacuum sealer.  This thing is great.  Tonight I had some leftover ribs from a smoke last week.  Almost like getting them straight off the smoker.

Hey Travis, The thing I like about the pro 140, you can take a bag of whatever from the freezer and pop it into some boiling water and in a few minutes it is warmed up. And as you said it tastes just like it came off the smoker. I have done this with pulled pork and also slice brisket.

Back