Now THIS is a Whopper

• Thread starter Thread starter RG
  • Start date Start date
R

RG

My wife, being ever creative, decided to make us up a monstrous cheeseburger in the theme of a whopper. It was a really big whopper though. We could only eat a quarter of it each and the other half sat out and got cold and eventually was tossed out, sad to say. I ground up a chuck roast for this with a little added brisket fat. Fresh ground at home is the only way to go. She topped it with cheddar, heirloom tomatoes, lettuce, red onion, pickles, ketchup and mayo. Just like a BK Whopper only way better ;)

whopper01.jpg

whopper02.jpg

whopper03.jpg

Here I am trying to show the scale of this joker. This was right before I threw it away but you can see it was a big fella.
whopper04.jpg

Now thats a burger! Looks great. Ground chuck roast and brisket, must have been soooo juicy. Next time freeze what you don't eat. Just reheat it and it will still be good.

Reminds me of my college days.  There was a place that was walking distance from the campus called, The Graduate, that made burgers using a loaf of shepherds sour dough as the bun.  It could be ordered in increments of 1/4's all the way up to a whole.  A couple of buddies and a couple pitchers of beer and it was on! 

Back