Names - New Members, Please Read This Before Posting Your Intro!

DivotMaker

I've been scrolling through posts, and I've noticed something that isn't "allowed" on most forums:  names.  Many of our members post their first names and location in their tag lines (me included).  I don't know about you, but I think this is pretty cool!  No matter what the user name is, I know I'm seeing a post from Joe, Ed, Phil, Zed, Mike, etc...  I, personally, think this really personalizes our forum! 

Ben has done a really stellar job at keeping out the spammers and "one-post-wonders" who sign up for nefarious purposes.  The core of our forum is good folks who love good Q and their SmokinIt smokers!

So, I hope that everyone takes the time to post their first names and location in their tag lines so we know who our friends are.  If you're new to the forum, take the time to do a post on the Introductions section and let us know who you are!

If you see DivotMaker on posts, you know it's Tony from NW Arkansas - not somebody who doesn't care about our hobby and our forum.  Trust that we'll keep the "riff raff" out.  We only want folks who want to participate in a group of like-minded people who actually care about our hobby (obsession?). ;D

Tony from NW Arkansas

Tony
great suggestion. Its easier to type a name as opposed to a handle.  We are passionate smokers its ok to be a little personalized.

Hey Tony, very good idea, this is the only forum I am really active on. And really what a wonderful great bunch of folks. Very helpful and all very friendly. The best is the recipes and the almost instant help that is offered. Keep up the good work Sir.

DivotMaker said:
I've been scrolling through posts, and I've noticed something that isn't "allowed" on most forums:  names.  Many of our members post their first names and location in their tag lines (me included).  I don't know about you, but I think this is pretty cool!  No matter what the user name is, I know I'm seeing a post from Joe, Ed, Phil, Zed, Mike, etc...  I, personally, think this really personalizes our forum! 

Ben has done a really stellar job at keeping out the spammers and "one-post-wonders" who sign up for nefarious purposes.  The core of our forum is good folks who love good Q and their SmokinIt smokers!

So, I hope that everyone takes the time to post their first names and location in their tag lines so we know who our friends are.  If you're new to the forum, take the time to do a post on the Introductions section and let us know who you are!

If you see DivotMaker on posts, you know it's Tony from NW Arkansas - not somebody who doesn't care about our hobby and our forum.  Trust that we'll keep the "riff raff" out.  We only want folks who want to participate in a group of like-minded people who actually care about our hobby (obsession?). ;D

Tony from NW Arkansas

Hey Tony was looking for this and wondering if you could also add to the Introduction section was looking earlier and could not find it. I have seen several new people that are not adding their names and cities to the signature area. I know is not a requirement but is nice to know who we are talking to.

elkins20 said:
DivotMaker said:

Tony from NW Arkansas

Hey Tony was looking for this and wondering if you could also add to the Introduction section was looking earlier and could not find it. I have seen several new people that are not adding their names and cities to the signature area. I know is not a requirement but is nice to know who we are talking to.

Good point bill! This would be a great sticky for the top of the page on the Introductions section.

Back