Tappecue WiFi Thermometer

I'm very tempted to order.....almost pulled the trigger last night.

I have been in contact with them about a mod to maybe help integrate a PID controller into the operation. Hopefully something will come about. That would for me be the best thing ever, wifi temp display AND control over the smoker. I would be in tech bliss and wouldn't have to recreate the wheel.

I see the case is acrylic, is it heavy acrylic?
I wish the warranty was longer than 90 days.

it is a fairly heavy acrylic but still wouldn't leave in extreme conditions, not really sealed up tight

Yeah warranty of at least a year would be nice.

I was going to order, but I've changed my mind....I'm just not comfortable spending that much when the warranty is only 90 days.
A quality product should have at least a one year warranty.
I could understand if the probe warranty was only 90 days.

Well so far this thing works great and knowing that the warranty is only 90 days is kinda disheartening. But it works and they are actively contacting me about upgrades and working with me on the upgrades that I am wanting to see. It isn't bad.

I sent them a message asking if they have plans to increase the length of the warranty....explaining that Auber has similar priced products with a one year warranty.
Their response was "no."

:(

FYI if anyone is interested. They took the beta graphing and now it is live.

http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=85aa48578a00597502f7fa472&id=c610015cff&e=179d7d2f7e

Back