New 3.5D Owner

toysejr

Hello Everyone picked up my 3.5D Friday and Broke it in with a Ham for Easter Saturday .. Very Impressed with the 1st smoke as was my family with taste of the Ham. Looks like I might get hooked on this Lazy Q .

Toyse from Fort Worth, Texas

Hello and welcome from Carrollton! Great that you got it in time for the Easter Ham. Got any pictures, we love pictures. Congrats on your new smoker. Great to have not only another Texan here but another from DFW.

Ham and Ribs I Made Sunday

Attachments

• 20170415-IMG_1859.jpg
    20170415-IMG_1859.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 370
  • 20170416-IMG_1876.jpg
    20170416-IMG_1876.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 384
  • 20170416-IMG_1889.jpg
    20170416-IMG_1889.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 357
old sarge said:
Looks good!  How was the taste?

Thank you ..
The Taste is WOW !!
I am still in the Learning Curve, meaning learning to weigh the wood, but other than that it is a Plug and Smoke kinda of deal.
The only complaint I have so far is how to lock the caster wheels.. I have not figured out how to lock them yet.
I will do a review and thoughts about the 3.5d after a couple of more smokes but I can see now that my family and friends are going to be Happy with all the food I will be Smoking .

For what it's worth the wheels lock when you pull up on the on side.  Alternately, step on the off side and push down.  That is the way they work on my 3D.

old sarge said:
For what it's worth the wheels lock when you pull up on the on side.  Alternately, step on the off side and push down.  That is the way they work on my 3D.
lol .. as with standard Locking casters .. that is not what is on my casters .. I will take a picture and send it to Steve to verify ..

FYI .. I cooked the Mrs. chicken thighs last night, they were the bomb, the best thighs I have ever cooked ..
Can't wait to see how the Whole Chickens and Brisket turn out this weekend..

I can lock my casters pushing down on the on portion but the lock lever hits the patio. So 'up' is what I do. I may take a wrench, 12 or 13 mm and loosen up the nut and adjust the lever.  But for now I am OK with it.

edit:  No go.  The lever has a limit tab. Leaving it as is/as designed.

old sargee said:
I can lock my casters pushing down on the on portion but the lock lever hits the patio. So 'up' is what I do. I may take a wrench, 12 or 13 mm and loosen up the nut and adjust the lever.  But for now I am OK with it.

I love the 3.5D too!

old sarge said:

Hi I love the 3.5D too!

Back