Hi all............. from West Mich .

Oh yeah, Ginger - that's normal, and why you foil the bottom of the smoker and smoke box lid.  Sounds like you seasoned while doing your first cook, or did I miss something?

DivotMaker said:
Oh yeah, Ginger - that's normal, and why you foil the bottom of the smoker and smoke box lid.  Sounds like you seasoned while doing your first cook, or did I miss something?
No I did not foil anything ,  racks pulled --(three chunks of wood as mentioned ) or suggested , with first cook being this weekend ( ribs ) With my next question being.. do ..... or will I ever have to add wood during an overall cooking process because of the length of the cook time ....................

Ginger, even your longest smokes (butts, briskets) will only need 5-6 oz total, so load it up at the beginning, and don't ever open to add wood.

Thank you everyone , and have a very happy holiday ....................Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year .............Artie & Family .

Just picked up a Model #2 (no cart) yesterday and couldn't be happier.  Brother has a Model #3 and seems like the only difference is Model #3 holds another 10 pounds of meat.  I picked it up in person, meeting Steve was great and his suggestions were very helpful.  Good luck.

Back