Big Brother or Big Daddy!

old sarge said:
Jim,  Just go with they weights shown. They are either actual weights or shipping weights.  Either way, can't be more than 5 or 10 lbs = or - depending upon model.

I haven't seen any weights listed, let me look a little closer...

Edit: I found the SI3 listed at 135 pounds on Amazon. That's a beast!  Still looking for SI4 weight.

Found this in another thread, I still haven't found it on the site yet, but this is what I needed.

I was wondering if the 4 was a lot heavier than the 3. Not a lot at 15 pounds, but they are both too heavy for me to lift by myself.

Walt said:
Its on their sight if you dig deep enough.  Located under the FAQ section.
1- 62
2- 86
3- 135
4- 150

The 150 lb. weight on the #4 is the shipping weight...not the net weight of the smoker.

The #4 has definitely got to weigh more than 15 lbs. more than the #3.

=Martin=

Amazon has shipping weight for the #1 at 62 pounds, #2 at 96 pounds, and #3 at 135.

(not that that's the final word)  8)

I'll confirm the dimensions when I talk to Steve next week. Just watching the video on the #4 and it says 18x18 inside, so I guess at some point it changed?  (It also has only two latches in the video)

The weights I posted are from the Fedex tracking information and I think that they should be accurate because Fedex keeps a close eye on weights and measures. In fact...my #4 was sent back to Steve back in February and then resent because there was a discrepancy...I posted about it back then.

If you are picking it up... Go with the #4... As some of your costs will be deferred.

If you think about it... If you get the 4 you won't need a cart and that saves you about 200... And picking it up saves you about 200... Less gas and opportunity cost... You are really just talking 300 difference. 

That's how I rationalized getting the 3 with stand because I met Steve near his house and picked it up eliminating any shipping charges.

Make sure someone is at home to help you unload that monster. 😉

Back