Vacuum sealer recommendations

aspenextreme03

Been looking around the last couple if days for a very basic vacuum sealer. I would like to spend under $120 if possible. I plan to sealer smoked cheese and some leftovers from my new smoker. With that being said i am good with something with no frills if it works and reliable. Thanks

Eric

I got a FoodSaver model which I think works great for me. It was $150 though so outside your price range...

Vacmaster 260 at Webstaurant.com w/shipping 150.  Not sure if still at that price, but a nice unit at a great price.

Interesting as i was originally thinking about the 260. It seems nice but i might use it sparingly and dont know if that unit would be overkill. I can wait a month to get it if it really is worth it.

If my Food Saver ever dies (had it for 8 years) I will most likely get a 260 unless I somehow have the money for a chamber sealer.

Sam's had the FoodSaver 4800 for $150 over the weekend. How often do you need to buy replacement bags? The replacement bags next to it was $40.

Costco has a similar box that goes on sale for $34.99 several times a year. Every time they come on sale, I usually end up buying one and I haven't run out yet.

But, even at $39.99 it is a better deal than you can get if you buy the rolls individually.

The cheaper units have longer recovery periods between seals and when you have a lot of meat to put up, it can really piss you off.  Pay a more and get the work done without having to take breaks between every bag. 

If you buy junk, understand its a short term solution.  I have a Weston 2300 that is pricey (got mine for &350 on sale (I think)). Im very happy with it.  My brother has a Vacmaster 260 (which can be had for $150).  It is very nice and industrial.  I would recommend the 260 & think it will be a one time purchase and should be able to handle anything you throw it.  Good deal for $150! The foodsavers arent what they use to be.

I had a food saver for years and while it worked ok, sometimes getting a seal and keeping one was a problem.

After reading the advice here I ordered the Vacmaster Pro 260, but when it arrived it was DOA. My wife was also not happy about how large it was, since we leave ours on our counter top.

So I ordered the Vacmaster Pro 140 and so far I am really happy with the results. Also I like that it has a double seal unlike the Food Saver line.

Greg

Funny, I just mentioned to my wife I was thinking of getting one like the 260 and her first comment was ... "It does not stay on the counter"...lol.

Barrel99 said:
Funny, I just mentioned to my wife I was thinking of getting one like the 260 and her first comment was ... "It does not stay on the counter"...lol.

She may not like the size of the 140, but it works on our counter top. The paper in front of the sealer is 8.5x11".

Greg

She was pretty clear she did not want it on the counter at all. That's not a big deal because I wouldn't be using it every day anyway.

Back