Unexpected problem with smoking boneless prime rib

SconnieQ said:
When I said detriment, I was not referring to the programming feature in general. I make my living in the technology world. So I definitely appreciate the programmability. I was referring specifically to programming the end of the cook, my concern being that just because you have the ability to program the smoker to turn off or switch to a hold temp when your internal temperature is reached, it might create an assumption that you don't have to remove the meat.

Can't wait to hear about your Meater knockoff. I was wondering if it would get copied before it even hit the market.

Great point, Kari!  Yes, some will think that if they set the "hold" temp to trigger when their meat reaches the desired internal temp, it will "automatically" drop to that temp....not gonna happen!  This is where education, by participation in this forum, is so important!

And.... for the "rest of the story," as Paul Harvey used to say, it's not a Meater knockoff.  Wired probes (I'll discuss why I think they're better), but full Bluetooth/WiFi/Cloud support (yes...just like the Anova; monitor your temp from anywhere), and graphing through the app!  Stay tuned...got it today. ;)

Back