Steaks

Ranch House BBQ & Steakhouse in Washington state is known for their BBQ rib eye.  They use a whole beef rib eye, smoke it at 225F for 1 hour in a 50-50 applewood/cherrywood mix and then they slice it into 1lb (you could do less) steaks and grill to whatever doneness you want. Louis Mueller BBQ in Texas  does them too, but since they have the pro smokers (they use white oak) , they smoke at 375F for 40-60 mins til you get your preference.

St Louis Pork Steak is the signature dish of Charlotte's Rib BBQ in St Louis (naturally).  They use 3/4 inch pork steaks and smoke at 230-240F, but 225F should be ok for an electric like ours. They sear each steak first, about 3 min perside, in a cast iron skillet and then smoke for 3-4 hours done to fork tenderness.

Pork steaks I've seen done at 225F take about 6 hours for a 1 inch pork steak and 4 hours for 1/2 inch. When they come off, they should be plastic fork tender. Then you need to wrap them in foil and cooler them to let them rest. 

Let me know when y'all wanna try some BBQ baloney. :-)  I got that too!

Wow...now that looks like the way to do pork chops and steaks in a smoker....  I tried a regular ribeye and pork chops while they were good, they just weren't as juicy like just cooking completely on the grill. 

Back