Smoker Comparison Chart

I ran a similar comparison when deciding to purchase my SI. It had the same results and I too shared the information several years back .... Nice work.

That first time I used it my 6 year old son had a seizure that exact same night. It was an awkward coincidence. Fortunately after many months in the hospital he was diagnosed with a mild form of epilepsy that he will likely outgrow by the time he is 12 or 13. He has had only two more occurrences in the following 3 years.

While there are worse things in life I wouldn't wish it on anyone... Especially having a seizure over finding a good purchase like an SI piece of equipment.... But hey whatever analogy works for you so be it.

Prices sure have gone up since this post was started. I paid $750 for the 2D last night, and it doesn't come with a cover like the spreadsheet says. Seems they have had to cut some costs.

Everything changes with time.  But the chart is still useful in comparing specs and also points you in the direction of competitors for current pricing.  SI is still the best bang for the buck.

If you are a beginner then I would recommend instead of getting too deep into the research try to get a basic smoker with minimum price. Smokebbq and Grills Guide is a good source to get basic knowledge.

What I have seen in the market that people start to research and they end up buying the wrong product based on their experience.

Apt or house is very different.  Depends whether apt will allow a smoker.
The #1 is fairly portable and can be moved by one person.  I take my #1 camping and take it in and out of the pickup with some effort as it weighs about 60 lbs.  I have both my #1 and #3 on a cart.

Back