Smoked Blooming Bologna

If you read the history you will see that indeed it is a form of Summer Sausage. Kinda neat story how the early German settlers made bologna.

From Seltzer web site: "The Seltzer family acquired the Bomberger Lebanon recipe back in 1960’s and has been preparing it in the Seltzer’s traditional smokehouses ever since. The Regular Lebanon has a wonderful tangy flavor made with all lean beef and spices. The Sweet has delicious old fashioned sweetness from the added brown sugar. It is a delicious flavor that many Pennsylvania Berks County residents love and now get to share with the extended distribution of the Seltzer family.  STOCK UP NOW - ONLY AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! !"

My usual purchase: http://shop.seltzerslebanon.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=415B  Now listed as inactive, I have emailed them about product availability.

Note: Not everyone likes the Sweet as much as the Regular and visa versa. I prefer the Sweet for snacking w/crackers & cheese and would rather have regular in a sandwich..  8)

Man, you guys have really broadened my horizons with this thread!  I had NO idea there were all these different varieties of bologna!  Thanks for the education! :D

Wow by watching TV I would have only thought there was one, Oscar Mayer bologna.

You all remember the song..... :)

My Bologna has a first name,
It's O-S-C-A-R.
My bologna has a second name,
It's M-A-Y-E-R.
Oh I love to eat it everyday,
And if you ask me why say,
Cause' Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A!!!!

Greg

DivotMaker said:
This stuff sure looks better than anything Oscar ever made! ;)

I agree, we used the smoked boloney tonight for a blind BBQ sauce taste tonight and it worked out great. I will be making this again just for some sandwiches.

Greg

I make this about once a month and posted pics of it previously. Takes bologna to a whole new level. Slice off a piece about 1/4" thick, grill it up for a couple minutes to brown it a little, melt a slice of provolone on it then put it on a sandwich with creamy horseradish sauce and a slice of tomato and you've pretty much got yourself 5 minutes of heaven. Good job on this one Greg. It looks fantastic!

Back