Slab-O-Beef

As I was eating breakfast, I realized that I neglected to show dessert,... I mean breakfast.  Apple pie with caramel sauce.

Apple_zpsyxtlsfc6.jpg

The whole meal looks fantastic, but those potatoes look incredible!  Not sure if you posted them?  Lead me to them!!

DivotMaker said:
The whole meal looks fantastic, but those potatoes look incredible!  Not sure if you posted them?  Lead me to them!!

+1 Dave,

I the potatoes look really good, recipe!

Thanks Greg

For the potatoes, I did a standard baked and then scooped out for mashing.  Cream cheese, butter, milk, green onion and bacon went into the mashed.  Topped with some more shredded cheddar and then put in the smoker once the smoke started rolling for 30 minutes to melt the cheese and add a little smoke flavor.  Topped with sour cream, more bacon and green onions when serving.  For twice baked, always buy a few extra potatoes for filling than you actually want to serve so that the ones you serve can look nice and full. 

SuperDave said:
For the potatoes, I did a standard baked and then scooped out for mashing.  Cream cheese, butter, milk, green onion and bacon went into the mashed.  Topped with some more shredded cheddar and then put in the smoker once the smoke started rolling for 30 minutes to melt the cheese and add a little smoke flavor.  Topped with sour cream, more bacon and green onions when serving.  For twice baked, always buy a few extra potatoes for filling than you actually want to serve so that the ones you serve can look nice and full.

Very nice!

Thanks for sharing.

Greg

I do something similar and bake them about for about 2-3 hours in the oven the night before then scoop, mix and mash, re-assemble them.  About 1-1.5 hrs before some ribs (or whatever, but usually ribs) are done, I'll throw them in the smoker to get some drippings from mostly done meat along with the smoke.

va_rider said:
SuperDave said:
14 hour mark update.  IT sitting at 165.

shoulder4_zpsfhwohxzd.jpg

It's..... so clean... how?
See how much room a #4 has? A 19 pound piece of meat looks trivial where you wouldn't stand a chance of getting that piece of meat in a #2.  That cuts down on a lot of wall splatter. 

Well, I'll definitely agree to that... the biggest hunk of meat I've done in the #2 was a 16lb brisket so far. It was tight.

SuperDave said:
va_rider said:
SuperDave said:
14 hour mark update.  IT sitting at 165.

shoulder4_zpsfhwohxzd.jpg

It's..... so clean... how?
See how much room a #4 has? A 19 pound piece of meat looks trivial where you wouldn't stand a chance of getting that piece of meat in a #2.  That cuts down on a lot of wall splatter.

That sucker would sure fit in a #3 though!! ;D

Back