Shouda read the forum first...

• Thread starter Thread starter slojoe
  • Start date Start date
S

slojoe

:) Well I ordered the #1 yesterday and after reading all posts I could, called Steve and cancelled the #1 and ordered the #2 along with the cart,(can't bend down much now). Now I got to read all the #2 posts. The deciding factor was someone stated it'll be the last smoker you'll buy, and you can put less in a bigun but your can't put more in a smaller one.

Welcome, Joe!  I purchased the #2 and it works perfectly for my family of four, and even accommodates occasional parties with larger numbers.  The #2 easily handles 3 or 4 racks of ribs, or 3-4 chickens (halved).  I have handled two 6# chickens whole side by side, and even a 13# turkey on another smoke.  It comes with 4 racks to fill up with meat!  Cheers

Thanks Steve, I should be too old to get excited but I'm really looking forward to the unit, I live on a lake and the fish ain't doing much right now so BBQing is where its at.

I also own the 2 & have cooked 28lbs of ribs in it @ once.  Its rated for 35lbs.  It works well for my family of 3 plus many more when I choose to have others over.  I think you will be thoroughly pleased.  Which lake are you on.  I'm on the northshore of lake Pontchartrain.  I have somked some redfish, documented in the fish section, that was outstanding. Enjoy!

Walt, I retired to a little lake near Winnsboro, called Turkey Creek, about 3000 acres, we had great fishing till the omnipotent police jury drained and cleaned it few years back...........a pox upon them.

I have not, but I now use the rib rack sold by SI (Father's Day present!)  It holds 3.5 rack, and I could easily add another rack on one of the SI racks and place above the rib rack in the smoker.

I was out of pocket yesterday, Joe, and didn't see you changed to a #2!  Congrats on that decision!  I have a #1, and am also fortunate enough to have a #2 (long story).  Had I known how great these smokers are, and had the forum been anything like it is today, I definitely would have gone #2 from the start!  You'll love this model.  With the cart, it's perfect.  The only advantage to the #3, in my humble opinion, is length and volume.  If you normally cook for large crowds (I don't), the 3 is perfect.  If you just have to smoke full-length packer briskets and full racks of ribs (I don't), then the #3 is the only way to go.  However, for folks like us, that only smoke for a few at a time, the #2 is perfect!  You can fit a lot in it, and a large turkey at one time.  I love my #1, but I was very limited in valuable Q real estate if I wanted to smoke something large. 

Good for you! ;D

Thanks Tony, I made my first choice based on cost alone, then after reading a lot and thinking, go for it dude, you only live once.  It should be here next week, I'll post more then and pictures if I can figure out how.

Joe,
Easy tips on pictures.

* Take the picture with your phone
* Email the picture to you home computer, size it as a medium file
* Drag the picture out of the email and onto the desktop.

Since I started doing it this way I have not had a fie rejected for being too large. There may be a better way but this is simple and works for me.

Brian, you must have me confused with a modern dude, don't got a camera on my phone, it's old fashion, just a phone, $22 Walmart special, my lady does have a digital camera and she assures me she can help..............I'm way behind times.  ;)
'

Back