Pork Butt Brined and Then Injected.

That's real interesting Dave. If the flavorful injection took away from the taste you were looking for, and I can certainly understand that, the question I have is, was the meat any moister with the injection and the brine rather than with just the brine? Both the brine and the injections can have any flavor profile you want, but ultimately they should complement each other and together provide a moister meat than separately. Does that make sense?

Yesterday's smoke was a home run with the injection.  I had a 6 lbs butt and got a full cup of injection into it.  It seemed to me that it took longer to reach temp but was SUPER juicy and great natural flavor.  Don't take this the wrong way, I'm now a butt injector.  :-*

Good to hear Dave. I agree that a "light flavored" injection is probably all that is needed after the brine. Between the brine, the injection, and the rub, there are many opportunities to mix and match flavors.

SuperDave said:
Yesterday's smoke was a home run with the injection.  I had a 6 lbs butt and got a full cup of injection into it.  It seemed to me that it took longer to reach temp but was SUPER juicy and great natural flavor.  Don't take this the wrong way, I'm now a butt injector.  :-*

Dave,

Nice hit out of the park :)

Greg

Back