New guy

Lititzsmoker

New guy here...
I just purchased a model 2 tonight so I figured I'd sign up here as it seems like it contains a wealth of knowledge.
Anyways, I'm a chef that worked at a smoke house for 2 years, moved on to being a pastry chef but I still enjoy smoking. Can't wait to get started...

Welcome and congratulations Mike.  There is indeed a wealth of knowledge in here.  Be sure to read through the Guide to Smoking Time, Tampa, and , and Wood here:
https://www.smokinitforums.com/index.php?board=51.0

And especially with you coming from a different smoking background, you should note that these smokers are efficient with wood.  It only takes a few ounces to produce a good smoke flavor.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! The smoker arrived today so shes all installed and seasoned! Now to season and smoke some meat!

Welcome aboard Mike. I'm guessing by the handle that you are a PA native. Lots of knowledge here to add to your smoking savvy.  :)

Thanks again everyone!
Nah...not a native. I moved here a few yrs back and been loving it ever since. I'm actually a Chas. SC native.
Well, so far, I've done a butt, ribs, and now doing meatloaf. Going to throw some burnt bacon ends in later today.
Has anyone tried making a pizza in the #2 yet? I'm thinking I could turn it into a little 5 personal pan pizza oven...

Welcome Mike, hope you enjoy the smoker, still loving mine.  Welcome, and enjoy the smoker, and engage with this group, tons of experience and willingness to share. 

Back