maple wood is under rated

40 caliber

you know i read a little bit  about Maple wood here but i have to say, i have been using it from smokinlicious lately and am amazed at how good it is on poultry! i like cherry as well but Maple is a really good one as well!

I bought the 3 pack from smokinlicious. i wanted Hickory and Cherry for sure but had a 3rd choice but  didn't know what to pick. I grabbed Maple and i am so glad I did!

Hickory on pork for sure, Maple is great on poultry.... anyone have an opinion Maple on fish? which fish? I like catfish and am looking on opinions. i have used Hickory, Mesquite (which was good actually) and apple. 

I got the same 3-pack from Smokinlicious as well and I really like the Maple too. Its seems like a pretty generic wood that is really good on most everything. It isn't quite as strong as the Hickory, which makes it great for Poultry and I would think would be really good on fish as well. I am very happy with this as my third option with my Smokinlicious order.

Maple is my absolute favorite on pork tenderloin!  It's great on any pork, but I especially like it (for some reason) on tenderloin.  I also use pure maple syrup (the good stuff) as a rub binder.  Smells like pancakes cooking!  :D

putting a Butt in tonight and struggling between trying maple or going with my go to hickory for Butt!

first world problems for sure!

My neighbor shared some of his sugar maple wood.  As many have already said, the flavor on pork is wonderful!  I'll give it a try on chicken wings next, thanks for the recommendation.

Is sugar maple the only variety to use?

I have some silver maple I'm just using for the wood stove, never thought to smoke with it.

Maple is absolutely my favorite... but I primarily use it in conjunction with my grill for ribeyes.  A very nice sweetness against a spicy Montreal style rub, comes out perfect.

Back