Hello from Pittsburgh

Kaz

Good morning all!

After researching online and w/ help of this forum I tried to order a #3 last month and unfortunately that was the same day the last one was sold..  I've been checking the site frequently and I'm hoping the shipment won't be pushed back again with hopes of picking it up next week. Prior smoking experience was w/ a Weber kettle and I'm really looking forward to the longer smokes with the set and forget of the SI.  Here's hoping more stock will be here soon!

i love my #3 and you will to. It is worlds apart for a Weber kettle. Keep the Weber though the cook a great steak.

Welcome to Club Lazy Q, Kaz!  Last I heard, they should be in next week.  Crazy how many #3s and 4s Steve has sold this winter! 

If you'd like, add your first name and town to your signature line - sure nice to know who our new friends are! ;)

Kaz,

Welcome to the club!!  The wait should be driving you nuts by now...it is worth it!  Worse is the waiting for the ice and snow to go away so that one can roll the smoker outside!  I lived in the 'burgh for 10 years and did not see snow like we got this year in NJ...NJ by marriage, not choice  ;)

Anyway...hang in there!  Have a late night Primanti Bros sandwich for me while you wait, or maybe an O-dog with fries!!

P2B

Snow does not stop me from smoking and we usually get plenty of it here in ND. Fortunately, we have had a very light snow year this year. I think all of it went your way over in MA, NY, and NJ. ;)

Welcome from Delaware, Kaz!  You will be very happy with the #3, and the wait will be a distant memory once you get it fired up!  Hang in there...good Lazy Q is in your near future.  ;D

Thanks everyone, anybody know where the warehouse is? I'm assuming Akron and I'm hoping to pick it up directly. Also,  Any suggestions on what thermometer to get, I was looking at the et 735 but I've had the same luck, not sure how long the wait is or even what the hold up is. We're having birthday party and I was planning to smoke a ribeye if everything comes together on the 28th, probably going to start with ribs next weekend and or a possible brisket before the birthday party pressure. ;D

The warehouse is in Montgomery, MI.

According to the website, the #3s/#4s are supposed to be back in stick on 3/9. But you can call or txt Steve at 260-417-9951 to verify.

Received my tracking # earlier today, talk about getting these out the door!  Anyway, I need to order the thermometer today, should I just order the 733 or try the 735?  I'm worried about the BT connectivity on the 735, so leaning toward the 733.  Question on the 733, how do you know which is the newest model, Amazon has orange, black,white and I even think I saw a green one...

As far as I know a 733 is a 733. I have a black one and am very happy with it.

There are two big advantages with the 735:
1. You can use up to 4 probes.
2. Comes with the new waterproof probes. I ordered two new waterproof probes for my 733, because the rubber around the wire connection to the probe has rotted away and now the probes only work sporadically. I think if I would have used the high temp silicone around the connections as others here have recommended they would have been OK.

I have a green one...bought via Amazon because of Prime free shipping AND I got a free pair of Bear Claws wit it.  If you go thru all the Amazon ads you'll find free gifts with a number of the 733 ads - well worth the time spent.

I decided to go with the green 733 and got those bear claws, both the smoker and the 733 should be here when I get home tomorrow.

The boxes arrived yesterday and I'm looking forward to seasoning it after work.  The packaging/shipping were great! And the quality of the product is fantastic, this forum was very helpful. Couple questions, the little kid in me decided to unload everything without looking carefully how the smoke box was installed.  I assume the end that's flat should be toward the rear of the smoker? Also, should the locking wheels be on the rear or front of the unit?

The smoke box won't go all the way in if you have it backwards. If I understand what you are saying, the flat end should be toward the front. If it helps the lid should open to the left like a book. That is how I make sure I put mine in right all the time.

I put my locking wheels toward the front for easier access based on where my smoker sits.

Kaz said:
I decided to go with the green 733 and got those bear claws, both the smoker and the 733 should be here when I get home tomorrow.

Hey Katz,

Welcome also ordered the 733 with the bear claws, but just upgraded to the 735 which has a nice app for the Iphone and Android.

For me the 735 with the app is easier to setup, but both are great.

Greg

Back