Hello from Arizona

javelina

Hello Group,

I just placed an order for a model #2.  Actually, bought it as an Xmas gift for my wife.  She's been wanting a smoker.  So it's a win-win for me.  She's a great cook, and this will be a great addition for her.

can't wait to check it out.

regards,
-Jav

Welcome, Jav!  You have picked a good unit, and I can say that since I too have a #2!    You are in for a real treat with the smoked food that will come out of it!    Also, lots and lots of great advice, tips, recipes, etc on this site...lots to try out!  Cheers!

Welcome aboard, Jav!  Great decision on your choice!  Hopefully you'll both enjoy it!  Hang out here when you can - lots of good info from our members!  We've all helped each other learn a lot about this hobby (ok, obsession), and we love pictures, new recipes & ideas!

I know y'all will have lots of questions; we're here to help. ;D

thanks swthorpe & divotmaker!  I'm going to be lurking and reading up, and learning...  and posting questions I'm sure.  :D

Hello fellow Arizonan! I too have the #2 and love that thing. Got a different smoker for Christmas last year from BBQ Galore but it was bad out of the box. So after some research got the #2. I am not disappointed at all!

sorry for the late reply.  Yes, I've got the #2!  But, since it's a gift for Wifey (on Xmas), we can't open it just yet!  :-X

Soon, very soon!  :)

"It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas"... to butcher a classic! ;)  Nothing smells better at Christmas than some meat in the smoker!!

yeah I'm in the boat of an early Christmas present. That way you can get some great practice runs before hand.

I would at least get it seasoned ;). Mine was a Christmas present to myself but somehow smoked the Thanksgiving Turkey. Have Fun. 

she loves it!  was a big hit.  we're breaking it in, and smoking a fryer tomorrow.  (My Wife had the flu through Christmas day, so she was able to open all of her presents today). 

Well glad that she loves it, sorry that she was sick though. But now the fantastic adventures begin! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Cheers from Chandler!

Back