Hello Fellow Smokers!

Bradlee

My name is Brad and I live in Wilmington DE and am originally from the Philadelphia area. I'm a huge sports fan and enjoy everything from hockey to cricket. Philly & Penn State loyal, even when they lose...which is a lot.  I'm a season ticket holder for my local soccer team, Philadelphia Union. I've traveled to Europe to see soccer games twice. Arsenal forever.

I have owned a Green Egg for five years and I purchased the Model 1 last month and have already done spare ribs and a brisket, using my Egg techniques. I have a lot to learn about this smoker!  I look forward to learning from all of you and contributing when I can.

Have a great day!  :)

Welcome from ND Bradlee! You are going to love your #1, but there is a little bit of a learning curve when coming from a non-electric smoker as a lot of the techniques such as foiling, spritzing, mopping, etc are not necessary in the SI Smokers because of the superior insulation and moisture rich smoking environment.

Luckily you have found the right place and we will help you as much as we can and we look forward to learning some new things from you as well.

Welcome from north Wilmington DE, Brad!  I am so glad to finally see another person from Delaware on the forum!  Lots of great advice and recipes on the forum.  Cheers

Bradlee...in case you don't know already, we have a Restaurant Depot in Wilmington where you can get lots of meat for low prices.  The RD is open only to businesses, but if you join the Kansas City BQ Society, you can get a complimentary pass to shop at RD anytime.

swthorpe said:
Bradlee...in case you don't know already, we have a Restaurant Depot in Wilmington where you can get lots of meat for low prices.  The RD is open only to businesses, but if you join the Kansas City BQ Society, you can get a complimentary pass to shop at RD anytime.

Thanks very much swthorpe! I'm a member in food standing of the KCBS. Since I'm new to the game, I'm buying fresh meat at the butcher on Silverside near Marsh. Have enjoyed spare ribs & a brisket from them. They were exquisite. I have an RD near my work in Bala Cynwyd too.

I use the same butcher, and like their meats.  I can tell you this...when I purchase at RD, it is half the price of the butcher!  :o

Back