Greetings from balmy MN

Dmosburg

Well, I got a #2 with my Christmas money and am taking her on her maiden voyage today. Should be a good test of the insulation as it is 8 degrees with a 37 mph wind from the NW and snowing! Got a couple of brined chickens smoking away!

Welcome from ND. eight degrees is nothing. I have smoked in -20 and not had an issue at all.

Should you so be inclined, adding your name into your signature will let us know who our new smoking friend is.

Welcome from Delaware, where it was 8 degrees this morning!  I think we got up to 20,  but it's heading south again tonight.  I know you will love the #2 (I do).  I think the coldest I ever had mine running was an overnight smoke for BB, and the temp was around 20F that night.  You should be fine with your smoke as these babies hold temps nicely.  Cheers

Now I remember why I moved to Florida. Those temperatures are just plain ugly. My bet is that the chickens turned out really really good.  :)

Congrats and Welcome, D!  I have no doubt your birds will turn out fine - we've proven it many, many times!

Oh, and Ralph, I'm half way to Florida from MN, and it was 4° here this morning!! :o

Back