First try at jerky

No worries about the packaged cure, Gene!  If you like it, and it's easy, go for it!  One of my all-time favorite rubs for pork is Famous Dave's Rib Rub, but I don't care that I didn't make it from scratch - I LIKE it! 

Cured jerky, with the jerky fan in our smokers, is the bomb!  It's hands-down the best jerky I've ever had.  It's the key to really "professional" results!  Nice job! :D

Thanks, Tony!  I am trying to remember why I didn't buy the James Jerky dryer right away.  I still always bought my regular store purchased jerky, but no more!!  My buddy who has a Model #3 is now going to order one.  He is that impressed with the results he has seen.  I will be making jerky all Fall and Winter.  Even up here in the frozen tundra of Minnesota. 

I remember why I didn't get it in the initial order. The dryer, hook, & cover were deleted after I saw the shipping costs. I just return a borrowed dryer to a friend and ordered myself one. Just under $100 with three day shipping. I was apprehensive on spending that even though I initially was going to order it.

After having used it I have no issues with the cost. Best and simplest jerky I have ever made.
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=1831.0

Back