First Ribs in my new SI#2

Ok guys, it has taken me a while to get around to it, but here is what I did and the results achieved.
This was for one test rack of ribs.
I did not brine overnight in the refrigerator, but prepared the ribs with mustard & rub, let them sit for about 15 minutes and put them right in the smoker on the second (from the top) rack.  I used both probes of my Maverick during the smoke, one on the top rack and one on the second rack and found the temperature to be within 3-4 degrees of each other consistently.
I went ahead and soaked the wood chunks and foiled them.  (Based on Tony's comment, I'm going to try to skip the soaking step next time.)
I started the smoker at 150 deg for 30 minutes then ramped up to 235 degrees for 5-1/2 hours.
When I took the ribs off, they could not have been more tender.  In my mind (and mouth), they were perfect.  I did not put on any sauce, just ate them dry.
Following are some pictures (as requested). (Note that this is my first time to post pictures, so let me know if I have done something wrong.)

Attachments

• ribs after removal of membrane.jpg
    ribs after removal of membrane.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 326
  • ribs going in the smoker.jpg
    ribs going in the smoker.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 346
  • ribs ready to eat.jpg
    ribs ready to eat.jpg
    539.4 KB · Views: 345
  • ribs, baked beans, twiced smoked potatoes.jpg
    ribs, baked beans, twiced smoked potatoes.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 310
Brian,
They were actually Smithfield (previously frozen) St. Louis style that were on sale at the local grocery.

Looks great! Those are some pretty meaty ribs for Smithfields which usually tend to be on the less meaty side.

One suggestion would be to reduce the size of your pics a bit so the aren't zoomed in so far when you click on them.

Here is a thread that discusses ways of doing it if you don't know how:
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=1272.0

Back