Electronics Problem

Ken

I had major issues last year.  After a lot work with the wiring and connectors, I thought the problems were in the past.  I even tried a new controller and that was not the problem.  Now my problems have come back strong.  All the connections to the controllers are solid. As you can see in the attached photo, it corrected itself after a long cook.  That happened again the next day in the middle of a short test cook.  Before I take the back off again, I thought someone might have an idea.

Attachments

• D79AD08E-53D9-4580-9429-AD06CB8D58B6.jpeg
    D79AD08E-53D9-4580-9429-AD06CB8D58B6.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 129
I guess I've made some progress.  I took the controller and the back off so every connection could be checked.  There was nothing that stood out, but I checked everything. The attached image shows today's results.  While the power supply was a bit shaky, the temperature stayed fairly stable.  Maybe I have a wire with a bad spot.  I don't think I fixed it, but I can now use the smoker.  Again, any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Attachments

• Smokin It 11-08.jpeg
    Smokin It 11-08.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 133
I think I finally solved the problem. At least it's as good as it's going to get.  This December things went south again.  After that I replaced every wire in the system that had common connections.  I used 18 gage insulated solid copper wire.  The images show the before and after.  It's been good for some time now. 

Attachments

• Smokin It 02-14-24.jpeg
    Smokin It 02-14-24.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Smokin It 12-21.jpeg
    Smokin It 12-21.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 95
Back