Doubling down on baloney chub

pargolfr2003

I've made this several times and I always take samples to work. It's gotten so popular I now get requests for it. Knocked these 2 out early this morning and I won't even get to eat any of it!

Attachments

• 20151011_095325.jpg
    20151011_095325.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 253
Hey Tim could you share your technique on doing the baloney. I love smoked baloney and also would like to do some mortadela as have seen large loafs at the restaurant depot.

Here ya go Bill. Score the outside of the chub in a diamond pattern, brush with mustard then season with rub of your choice. I used Killer Hogs today because that's what I have on hand. About 2.5 oz hickory at 225 for 2 hours, baste with bbq sauce then another hour in the smoker. Very easy and turns out awesome every time. 

pargolfr2003 said:
Here ya go Bill. Score the outside of the chub in a diamond pattern, brush with mustard then season with rub of your choice. I used Killer Hogs today because that's what I have on hand. About 2.5 oz hickory at 225 for 2 hours, baste with bbq sauce then another hour in the smoker. Very easy and turns out awesome every time.

Thanks Tim, going to give this a try.

Back