Brisket for Tuesday

Looks like they turned out pretty well!  Thank you everybody for your advice and help. I think next time Ill just stick one an 8lb! haha. 

Attachments

• IMG_8769.JPG
    IMG_8769.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 334
How big was that to start with, Jake?  18 hours is a really long time for 2 halves like that.  Also, what temp did you smoke it at? 

Was 13.11 ish.  I cut off a lot of fat so maybe 12.5 ish when it came time for cooking.  I was cooking it at 225 which I understood would take longer. 18 just seemed like a long time for it to not be done. I think I was just getting nervous that I was going to overcook it.

But, I pulled it, wrapped in tin foil and rested for about 3.5 hours. Sliced some, shredded some other...it all came out looking and tasting great.  2 sampler boxes went out to some of my wife's friends, one text her saying she didnt even make it back in the house before eating it. The other already finished her box AFTER she had already ate dinner. Looks like we will be having a brisket party soon at the house!

Attachments

• IMG_8773.jpg
    IMG_8773.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 338
Nice job! Don't be afraid of the big packers for the #2. I have cooked a 22lb one without cutting it and normally cook 15 to 18lb.. They fit, folded or twisted and always come out great.

Walt said:
Nice job! Don't be afraid of the big packers for the #2. I have cooked a 22lb one without cutting it and normally cook 15 to 18lb.. They fit, folded or twisted and always come out great.

You get a good even cook when folding it? How long does that take at what temp?

Jake, when you "cram" one in there, it shrinks pretty fast.  One thing about brisket... it's one cut that shrinks a LOT!

Back