Big Fish From NY

• Thread starter Thread starter Big Fish
  • Start date Start date
Placed the order on 6/03/2014 for the Smokin-it #3 with all the goodies (stand and whatnot) and the Fedex site says Estimated delivery Thur 6/05/2014. This came in my email from Smokin-it: Your order has shipped. (Order#: 8567 placed on 06/03/2014).  I called FedEx and Smokin-it hasn't called to ship it yet - they just created a shipping label! Kind of sucks, because I stayed around the house today (6/05/2014) to help the FedEx Guy unload. :o

Oh Brudda, I have a bad feeling about this - I hope I am wrong.

>:( >:( >:(

Hey Ernie, why not call Steve and ask, usually they are shipped right away, especially if you received confirmation.

Ernie, in my experience FedEx never issues an estimated delivery date until they have the package.  Generating a shipping label only shows that shipping info has been received, when you click the tracking on FedEx.com.  Sounds like a FedEx issue to me.  Call Steve.

"Buyer's remorse?" Oh, heck no. I have spareribs hanging from my ears waiting for the #3! I have a big party coming up on the 15th, should be here before then and I can get a practice run in or 2.

Big Fish said:
"Buyer's remorse?" Oh, heck no. I have spareribs hanging from my ears waiting for the #3! I have a big party coming up on the 15th, should be here before then and I can get a practice run in or 2.

The comment about the ribs hanging from your ears is one for the books.  Just too funny...

And there definately won't be any buyers remorse once you get your SI smoker. If anything you will say it was worth the wait.

Now I am getting Buyer's Remorse, Sarge. No calls, no emails...where is this wonderful Customer Service you all speak of?

Due to shipping delay thru 6-12-14, we will give you a chip screen (which was already free when I purchased), Rib Hooks (which was already free when I purchased), Cord Hook (which I already purchased with the order), & Lilly Flavor Saver free with the purchase of any model smoker. No substitutes, on our website only and no code required. Happy smokin' enjoy!!

Just call me Lucky...Mr. Lucky to you!

Attachments

• customer service.png
    customer service.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 212
Steve is moving to Michigan, as he says on his web site, in the pane above what you quoted.  Moving is hectic. Your whole life is upended, temporarily, and that is a fact.

And we have all, at one time or another purchased something only to find out that it went on sale the following week and there was no possibility of getting the sale price retroactively.  And we think, if only I had not been in such a hurry.  What happened to my cool analytical thinking and my patience.  Such is life and business.

Lol, business stops?

DivotMaker, you think I'd be pushing it if I demanded a PID Controller. Lol, I am being sarcastic. :o

I found myself looking at the CookShacks again, but the Amerique this time, but I think that might be overkill for me. CS Amerique would be the only choice I would make, other than the SI #3.

I would rather wait a few extra days for the SI3 than to dish out the extra money for the CS. But that's just me.

Ernie, I know your smoker shipped today.  They began moving everything to their new location today, and everything ordered by 7 am this morning shipped today.  I know they're doing the best they can to take care of folks, but a move of this size is a chore for a small company.  At least they're throwing in some extras for the inconvenience. 

No, business does not stop. It may hit a speed bump or two during this move, and a hiccup, but it does not stop.

And from the "why Smokin-it" section:

"We try to ship all products with in 72 hours."

That is reasonable They try.  And in many cases customers reported their smoker shipped the same day. I reckon it depends upon just how busy everyone is at the time, to include the shipping company.

Divot, I thought you would have gotten the Pid Controller comment - I guess that smoke was dry.  :o  Looks like in between their moving, he shipped from new place.

Sarge,  I am moving too and getting out of this Tax riddled State they call NY (especially Long Island). When I bought the house, taxes were 3K and now almost 10k - and that's only 8 years! I grew up here where I live now and it's a shame. For lack of a better description, moving sux - especially across State lines.

And that's a huge compliment to SI, comparing the SI #3 to a CS AmeriQue - considering the price differential, but that was my only 2 choices. I plan on Q'ing for a very long time and needed a solid unit.  ;)

Big Fish said:
And that's a huge compliment to SI, comparing the SI #3 to a CS AmeriQue - considering the price differential, but that was my only 2 choices. I plan on Q'ing for a very long time and needed a solid unit.  ;)

It is, for sure.  I appreciate you cutting Steve a little slack for the delay.  This is a big move, and I've never seen anything else ever delay shipping.  I know you'll be happy with your choice!

I just didn't get the one handle to close (and seal tight) the doors on the other units. Some of the wattages seemed low too. The SI replacement parts were cheaper than dirt too. I started looking at those costs too.

Geez, ya think I was buying a new car and not a smoker! For us boys (4 brothers - huge families and friends) the wives/girlfriends/kids couldn't boil an egg between them - all the men do the cooking. We have Italian roots, so cooking is important to us, because we have huge get-togethers year 'round. I am a formally trained Chef - as well as another younger Brother - he has a restaurant in Tennessee and working on a second. All 4 of us owned a pizzeria or a restaurant at one time in our lives. Me, I just do it for fun now - but am a serious cooker. I hope this SI #3 is a good solid unit, because I will be beating the hell out of her.  ;)

We have a big party coming up (niece's HS graduation and acceptance into Penn State) and I am sure this contraption will be a big hot item with the products it's going to produce. My Brother lives down the street, on the bay, so most of us are fisherman (as a hobby). We all like catching those Big Fish. Lol, SI will prolly get some sales out of it.

Back