after 15 good butts, I ruined one

you may be right  Sconnie. all i can say is i lost my last pork butt on a similar timeline.  (beginning of this post) . was i gun shy ? yes.  Had i done  15 before without a problem ? yes....  i either need to throw them in at midnite so i am sure there is no chance or smoke them all day long so i can check them

I had simular issues with my PID (major temp flux, auto shut down, fast cook) and went through the troubleshooting tips listed in this forum and eventually got it moving forward. It was a little scary  because I had six turkeys smoking at one time which I know could had contributed to my problem as well.

Tman said:
I had simular issues with my PID (major temp flux, auto shut down, fast cook) and went through the troubleshooting tips listed in this forum and eventually got it moving forward. It was a little scary  because I had six turkeys smoking at one time which I know could had contributed to my problem as well.

so what was your particular issue?

I had major temp flux, auto shut down, fast cook etc. I never really figured it out exactly but have had the same issues again.

Back