About to pull the trigger

Joe Rinaldi

I've done my homework and I'm really close to ordering a 4D. I hope to engage with you guys through this site. My primary goals for this unit are for making big batches of summer sausage and snack sticks.  And of course all the other goodness I've seen on here! 

I came to the SI smoker with a lot of years of smoker experience but still had a learning curve to deal with this kind of smoker. A lot of general smoking application applies and a lot doesn't.  The pork butt, brined and injected is the most fool proof first smoke in my opinion. 

SuperDave said:
I came to the SI smoker with a lot of years of smoker experience but still had a learning curve to deal with this kind of smoker. A lot of general smoking application applies and a lot doesn't.  The pork butt, brined and injected is the most fool proof first smoke in my opinion. 

+1 on the Boston Butt for the first smoke. The brined butt whether injected or not is pretty hard to mess up and ensures that your first smoke will be successful.

Plus it is just a darn good way of breaking in that #4D Bad Boy!

Definitely Boston butt. It's a long smoke with lots of greasy smoke to really season the insides of that bad boy. Plus in the end you'll be rewarded for your patience with mounds of smokey goodness. I hope you enjoy your smoker and the forum as much as we do. Happy smokin!

Get a 2-pack of Boston butts at Sam's, brine 'em and smoke them both!  You'll have a freezer full of pulled pork!  I love the Boston butt for a first smoke; it's really hard to mess one up, and gives you lots of good seasoning in the smoker, and great confidence in your smoking ability!

+4? on the Boston butt. Very easy smoke, but a long one and a great confidence builder with these smokers. Brine for sure, inject maybe, and make sure you have a vacuum sealer for leftovers. Leftovers are, if anything, even better than straight out of the smoker. Enjoy!

Pulled pork nachos
Pulled pork waffles
Pulled pork tacos
Pulled pork sliders
Pulled pork in split pea soup
Pulled pork chili
Pulled pork eggs
Pulled pork on pasta in ragu sauce

Get the hint:) 

Enjoy

Back