A taste of things to come!

BHamel

Administrator
Here are some pictures of what we will be calling The Big Daddy!  We will keep you updated with more info soon.
Quick Specks:
1.  1500 Watt heating element (who doesn't want more powere?!?)
2.  New Style heating element "M" shaped for better distribution of heat
3.  11 different shelf adjustments
4.  New design for the smoke box
5.  Inside measures 18" x 18" x 35" (thats right 35")
6.  Outside is 42" tall without the casters on

Attachments

• IMG_1326 (768x1024).jpg
    IMG_1326 (768x1024).jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_1327 (768x1024).jpg
    IMG_1327 (768x1024).jpg
    405 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_1328.jpg
    IMG_1328.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_1329.jpg
    IMG_1329.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 498
Why do I feel like I just bought a computer....my #3 was Seasoned on Friday and 3 days later comes Big Daddy......but like all my other vices...I'll manage with what I have until it limits my creativity..then I'll worry about upgrading.....

It looks good!!

Whoa  8)  You either have to have a big family or a small restaurant to fill all the racks in that bad boy  :)

That is overkill ... in the best way possible.  My #3 is more than enough for my personal needs but ...

That'd be a great unit for doing charity events (I volunteer to help cater Habitat projects, fraternity alumni events, and golf tournaments) so I'm trying to actually rationalize it.  ;D

SO...  when is this beast gonna be released? 
$$?

I am ready to pull the trigger on the # 3 otherwise!
Zed

That is impressive!!  I especially like the M shaped element.  Will this have the capacity for higher temperatures in the 300 to 325/350 range for "crisping up skin on critters"? 

Being released next week!  Steve will be making the determination for the pricing.  As the smoker is more commercial based, the price will be a bit of a jump from the rest.  Still working on how the shipping will work, FedEx just laughed at us when we asked for a standard quote.  I believe the temps will still be typical smoking temps.  Thanks guys!

Anyways, how am I kidding. the #3 is already a hard sell to my other half....
It looks really tempting.  the width, the height.....  sausage heaven....

DivotMaker said:
O...M...G...!!!  That is a beautiful beast!  Bet Cookshack's worried now!

The suits at Cookshack must be soiling themselves pretty good right about now ;D  Wait until they see the price Steve comes up with. They won't be able to touch it............ ;)

A mole was placed at Cookshack Corporate with a secret camera and here is the reaction of a Cookshack Executive upon hearing about the Smokin-It Big Daddy  ;D

Way to go, Smoke!  Looks like a Pulitzer-winning undercover story in the works!  Hahaha!  I bet the design team is on full-alert!

old sarge said:
Let's see if it is analog or digital.

Wish they had a digital retro-fit for the current models.  Even the cheapie big-box store electrics have digital controls; seems like it would an easy conversion for the best smokers on the market today!  Maybe some day...! 

I actually prefer the analog system ...

My reasoning is one of the same concepts I encourage my students to follow when they're working on their master's thesis or degrees:  KISS ... Keep It Simple, Stupid.

The more "moving parts" a machine has, the more likely it is to break.  With the Smokin-It's, a rheostat and a heating element are the parts that would likely meet an untimely demise and both are inexpensive and easy to swap out.  Throw a computer control unit into the mix and while you might see an increase in temp stability (which won't show significant gains in final product quality) you're also seeing a likely major expense for replacement.  Moreover, the rheostat and heating element are basically plug-and-play while someone who isn't  technically inclined might have some reservations about replacing a board or digital display.

There is a genuine elegance in the simplicity of the current design ...  8)

Back