2nd batch of bacon

NDKoze said:
From what I can tell, the food tray on the slicer that you purchased is only 7" long. How were you able to cut the full slices of bacon without trimming? Or is the shelf size actually larger than the 7"?

So the carriage itself is 7” but it pulls back and hangs over the edge so that there is about 9.5” between the edge of the carriage and the blade. There were a few times where I had to maneuver the slabs just slightly to get started. But overall it was not an issue.

Sweetride95 - I gave out just a few slices to each person the first time around, but then I was left with barely anything for my wife and I. Everyone loved it the last time and have been asking me all summer when I was making it again, so I decided to just throw it out there and see what the interest was. At first I was gonna give a little more than last time to each person and make sure to have a few pounds for us. But the interest was way more than I anticipated so I had to go for 3 bellies. Based on the initial feedback so far, the next time I do this the amount of orders will be even higher lol. So I may have to get 4 or 5 bellies and limit the max order size lol

SmokedGouda said:
NDKoze said:
From what I can tell, the food tray on the slicer that you purchased is only 7" long. How were you able to cut the full slices of bacon without trimming? Or is the shelf size actually larger than the 7"?

So the carriage itself is 7” but it pulls back and hangs over the edge so that there is about 9.5” between the edge of the carriage and the blade. There were a few times where I had to maneuver the slabs just slightly to get started. But overall it was not an issue.

Sweetride95 - I gave out just a few slices to each person the first time around, but then I was left with barely anything for my wife and I. Everyone loved it the last time and have been asking me all summer when I was making it again, so I decided to just throw it out there and see what the interest was. At first I was gonna give a little more than last time to each person and make sure to have a few pounds for us. But the interest was way more than I anticipated so I had to go for 3 bellies. Based on the initial feedback so far, the next time I do this the amount of orders will be even higher lol. So I may have to get 4 or 5 bellies and limit the max order size lol

I saw this slicer at my regional Scheels (local sports store) and I definitely see what you mean about it sliding further out. This thing can slice way bigger cuts of meat than the high-end LEM commercial model that they had on the shelf that was lucky to do 7-8 inches and for the amount of slicing that I do, this model looks like it might just fall in the price versus quality range that I am looking for. This has definitely gone into my Amazon Wishlist and I'll be keeping an eye on it looking for a deal. :)

Nice looking bacon Phil! Curious if you bought the non-serrated blade or just used what came on it?  I’ve been looking at slicers a while now and would like to ask Santa for one this Christmas...😃

Jimeo said:
Nice looking bacon Phil! Curious if you bought the non-serrated blade or just used what came on it?  I’ve been looking at slicers a while now and would like to ask Santa for one this Christmas...😃

Just went with the one it came with and had no issues at all.

Hey Phil!  Did you get the 615 or 615A?  Guess the A is a new model but also $65 more on amazon, trying to make a decision.  Thanks!

Jimeo said:
Hey Phil!  Did you get the 615 or 615a?  Guess the a is a new model but also $65 more on amazon, trying to make a decision.  Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing...  this is on my near-term wish-list.  I'm a little concerned the new one may not have as much travel distance.

Well, the big man 🎅🏻 came through with the 615A for Christmas!  Used it for the first time today and couldn’t be happier with the results! Thin cut, medium and thick all no problem, and full slices ta boot!  Thanks for the heads up Phil!

Jimeo said:
Well, the big man 🎅🏻 came through with the 615A for Christmas!  Used it for the first time today and couldn’t be happier with the results! Thin cut, medium and thick all no problem, and full slices ta boot!  Thanks for the heads up Phil!

Awesome!  I was my own santa and just got this slicer, too.  I haven't even unboxed it yet.  Hoping to get my pork belly curing today or tomorrow.  I get my new vacuum sealer and bags on Wednesday.  Should be set to be making bacon within the next two weeks.

I think you will like it Larry!

Attachments

• BCCFB2A0-B29A-49D2-94D7-F26C97C7EEBF.jpeg
    BCCFB2A0-B29A-49D2-94D7-F26C97C7EEBF.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 382
Back