1st butt questions

Perfect and thanks.  At least I know now how long we are looking.  For next time I will just buy a 10 lb butt so I am all good with the timing.  A good excuse to buy a bigger one.

Yeah, I always get the biggest ones I can find. I love pulled pork leftovers. I would try to get the leftovers vacuum-packed as soon as you can while they are warm. It is so awesome to come home from a long day at work and be able to reheat a pack of pulled pork when you don't have time to smoke a fresh one. Often times, the reheated meat tastes even better.

Plus, the bigger butts cook more evenly and I think turn out better than the smaller ones. I know there have been guys here who have tried smoking even smaller ones in the 5-6 pound range and didn't have the best results.

I have had good luck with 7.5 pounders though.

I agree with Gregg, I think you will be fine for a few hours at 140.  The good news is you now know you will be enjoying pulled pork at 7:30 tonight!  I would rather be where you are now than standing over the smoker at 6pm wondering why the BB has not reached 190IT.  Enjoy!

Came out amazing. So moist and everyone loved it. Thank you all for the help and advice. Love that the smoker is set it a s forget it and only 6 ounces of wood for the entire smoke. Will post some pictures a little later

Back