Yippeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

foodeefish

:)It's like Christmas- the Model 3 came and  I quickly unpacked her, seasoned her like everyone on this forum said to, and then ran into the Kitchen. I got the Jamaican Jerk Chicken Wings Seasoned just right and added a little Dehydrated Lemon Peel  to give them a hot and lemony taste. I carefully  measured 1.5 ounces of apple wood, turned her to 275 and let her rip for two hours. The crowd all loved them but I thought they were a little fry. Does anyone add a  water pan with liquid when doing wings?

Then once I was done with wings I prepped a rack of ribs for Dinner the next night, put them in for the "NO Peak" 5 Hours and the texture of the ribs were just perfect. I think I'll go another 1/2 hour next time but the "NO Peak" method really works.

Thursday is time to break in the Jerky dryer before the phone starts to ring from my friends asking me to make Venison Jerky as deer season has been open for  a few weeks already. The Jerky meat is marinating nicely in the fridge right now. :
Next week I tackle Beef Brisket and then Pastrami.

Halloween - Pulled Pork has been requested and the neighbor has already picked up 2 Pork Butts at $1.68#. Do you think 4 Butts can fit in the #3?

The Pork Bellies will be ready to smoke in another 9 days to make Maple Bacon. I have everyone asking for Buckboard Bacon for the Holidays so I'll see how much 3 inch thick  sectioned  Pork Butt will fit in this baby.

By  Thanksgiving I should have tackled a whole Turkey and then maybe the first Suckling Pig if I can get a small enough one from one of our local farmers. It's going to be a tight fit but if it fits, I am going to smoke it.

Thanks everyone for you great feedback and for talking me into buying the Smokin-it  Model #3.

Steve, thanks for the quick shipping and for all you do with your Company and this Forum.

Thank God I am able to work from home every other week and can load the smoker each day if need be.

Happy smoking

foodeefish

Glad you made it home from New York safely (dangerous times) and that you finally met your smoker.  You and your smoker are in for some fine times and good eating.

You could easily fit six butts in the #3.

If your processing jerky for friends, set a processing fee. I generally charge about a half of a rack of the finished jerky. More if they didn't give me the meat sliced.

Back