Yipee Yahoo!!!!

drippings

It's here!  Box was in perfect shape and everything appears to be fine.  It is on the porch seasoning away right now.  Now I need to get a little familiar with the Auber.  I have my brine chillin' down in the fridge and will put the butt in it in a little while.  Take it out tomorrow night and debone the thing and season it up and then back in the fridge to be ready for a Saturday smoke.  For more on why I am deboning, see my previous thread in introductions "Can't Wait".  I shot a video of the "unboxing" - haven't watched it yet, so don't know if I will actually post it somewhere or not.  I have never posted a video online before, so it might really suck.  Although my daughter said I should be a talk show host.  Oh yeah, I can smell the wood burning right now.  This is gonna be killer!

Nice, Jeff!  It's like Christmas, but (I think) smells better! ;D  It'll be great to see your first results.  When you get the Auber programmed, and have the meat in the smoker (ready to turn on), do yourself a favor and run the autotune program.  This works best when you have a meat load, water pan, and "actual" cooking conditions.  It teaches the Auber the particulars of your smoker, and will help it perform at its peak in the future.

Back