where are the smokers made

Freeport441

just received my #1 today, will work on the burn in soon.  I was just curious though, where are these smokers made?  Right there in Montgomery, MI like Steve's business card says?  I looked on Google Maps and can't even locate a West Territorial Road

I'm not sure, i've heard China but i don't know....
All i know they're built like a tank... i'm sure if a bomb drops near by your Q will be safe!

They are made in China.  Steve is actually looking for other avenues, but his prices would go up substantially.  Smokin Tex, a main competitor, is also made in China.  It's sad that U.S. manufacturers can't even remotely compete with the overseas factories!  That's why Cookshack (made in Oklahoma) cost 3 times as much for a smoker that doesn't produce any better final product than the SI!

Regardless of where made, customer service is A+, parts are cheap, unit is built like a tank, works and runs well, and there are tons of testimonials here! 

As a comparison, I heard there are only 3 or 4 companies that actually make refrigerators, each us just branded a different way.  While one might like LG vs Bosch vs Sears its all the same these days.  Boated in on a shipping container.

Go with what works, use the savings vs others on meat for smokes. 

gotcha, thanks for the replies.  Trust me, I have no problem with China, I was just curious whereabouts these were made.  Seems like most things nowadays are made in China.  I just spent $500 on some carbon fiber bicycle wheels that were made in China and so far I love them.  Could've bought the same thing, only made in the US, and would pay $1400.  I don't get it. Anyway,my burn-in is currently happening, smells great, even if its just wood.  In my defense, I am a firefighter, so I like the smell of smoke a lot.  Love the reviews so far, seems like a great smoker.  I am looking forward to using it in the future

DivotMaker said:
They are made in China.  Steve is actually looking for other avenues, but his prices would go up substantially.  Smokin Tex, a main competitor, is also made in China.  It's sad that U.S. manufacturers can't even remotely compete with the overseas factories!  That's why Cookshack (made in Oklahoma) cost 3 times as much for a smoker that doesn't produce any better final product than the SI!

Amen Brother.  8)

Hey Brett, welcome from Kansas City, you will enjoy your #1 and I see a great many smokes coming your way. Also you can load it up and take it to the fire house to let your fellow firefighters enjoy some good bbq.

agreed elkins20...already thought of that.  It's the perfect size to throw in the bed of the truck and leave it there while I smoke something at the fire station.  Looking forward to it!

Freeport441 said:
agreed elkins20...already thought of that.  It's the perfect size to throw in the bed of the truck and leave it there while I smoke something at the fire station.  Looking forward to it!

I bet your fellow firefighters are looking forward to it too!

Hi Brett, Welcome aboard from Eastern MA...
+1 on the previous comments. I too have a SI#1 and I couldn't be happier with my purchase.
The #1 is made for the "have smoker, will travel" guys!

Once your FF buddies taste your Q, you'll never have a bad duty again!  Bet they'll just make you the permanent cook! 8)

Back