WEEKEND SMOKE-FEST

BIG BOB

My wife and I hosted a couples baby shower / party for my daughter and her husband this past Saturday.... it was a PORK -FEST !!! I smoked two 10# butts in the #2 from Friday night at 9 until Saturday afternoon around 4ish..... turned out great.  I smoked 6 large racks of babybacks on the Masterbuilt XL gasser..... they turned out greattoo! and I threw a total of 4 6# pork loins in the Charbroil Big Easy  in two different shifts... came out perfectly (148 IT) and moist.  My sauce recipe I stole from another site and tweaked to make "my own" was loved by most! it is an apple cider based recipe - I put it in the sauces section... 3 bottles emptied... Overall a great time was had by all!

Did I mention the 9 cases of beer? I have great friends, but they are bad role models!

Big Bob,  I usually try to get out of baby showers never been to one with that kind of eats and drinks. Sounds like you had those smokers busy.

With that much good food and plenty of cold beer you may have more baby showers coming up if ya know what I mean.  ;)

Wow, Bob, hat's off to you!  Bet you were run ragged between 3 smokers and all those baby shower folks!  9 cases of beer and 40 guests...what did they have to drink? ;)

Bob
Thank sounds great.  I actually enjoy smoking for friends than myself.  I am happy for your success.

I am assuming besides the shower the #2 feels like she is back in the good graces...Seems like you used the whole family of smokers this weekend.  Great job!

yeah... well, I will tell you guys.... it wasn't too bad as far as the runned ragged. I had a helper, and the time worked out great. I also love to cook for others. i had rave reviews, and I really want you guys to try that sauce recipe I posted next time you do Pork loin, shoulder, etc...

Back