Valentine's Day PR

SuperDave

My wife suggested that we stay in tonight to avoid the madness at restaurants, so, I've seasoned a small prime rib that I had in the freezer. 

PrimeRib1_zps8f6bba62.jpg

Fresh green beans and twice baked potatoes will round out the main meal.  I stopped by the bakery yesterday and got a piece of Tuxedo cake for us to share for dessert.

Nice going Dave. You have a winner there for sure. You know your food is better than the restaurants.

I am going with Hoover marinated wings and St. Louis ribs.

Sounds perfect!!  :D We made prime rib for Valentine's Day last year - totally worth it!

Yeah, I don't understand why people think it's romantic being packed like sardines in a restaurant and probably being served by some poor soul who'd much rather be having fun with his/her significant other tonight.

Looks great Dave. The wife requested reverse sear ribeye with grilled asparagus and baked potatoes for tonight. I love how she thinks.

Corman said:
Looks great Dave. The wife requested reverse sear ribeye with grilled asparagus and baked potatoes for tonight. I love how she thinks.
Convinced me to try something different so I'm going to try a baked then smoked twice baked potato. 

Finish pictures and think they might speak for themselves:

Baked, mashed and smoked
BP4_zps1e767475.jpg

Meat:

PR2_zps2770ca4d.jpg

Separate rib plate from roast
PR3_zps493f3f4e.jpg

PR4_zps8adc1148.jpg

PR5_zpsf7493979.jpg

Love those taters too. I was just talking to my wife about making them and you showed up with yours. Now I know how to make them... thanks.

SuperDave-

I went out yesterday and had an over $100 meal. It was good. But your pictures are making me mouth water and got me thinking about what to do for my anniversary... Did it taste as good as it looks?

Nice job, indeed, Dave! 8)  I'm pretty partial to low-and-slow prime rib, with a reverse-sear!  Nothing better, and my favorite smoke of the year!

Nicely done Dave! That is restaurant quality if I ever saw it! How long did you leave the taters in the smoker after assembled?

Since the potatoes were assembled earlier in the day, they needed to be heated through. It was about 30 minutes at 250.

Back