Twice-Smoked Ham with Cracker Barrel Hashbrowns

DivotMaker

Picked up a 10 lb ham, and smoked it yesterday.  Nothing fancy, just score the outside, rub with spicy brown mustard and Famous Dave's Rib Rub, in the smoker at 230 with about 3 oz of cherry, smoked to 140 IT.  Yum!

Then potatoes are a recipe I saw on Facebook for Cracker Barrel Hashbrowns.  They were really good, and easy.

Cracker Barrel Hashbrowns:

Cracker Barrel's Hashbrowns Casserole
Ingredients:
2 lbs frozen hash browns
1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1 pint sour cream
1/2 cup onion, peeled and chopped
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Directions:
1 - Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 11 x 14 baking dish with cooking spray.
2 - Mix the above ingredients together, place in prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until brown on top.

Attachments

• IMAG0204.jpg
    IMAG0204.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 378
  • IMAG0205.jpg
    IMAG0205.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 399
  • IMAG0206.jpg
    IMAG0206.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 368
+1

Ham is soooooo easy in these machines and if anyone hasnt tried it they will be surprised.

A lot of stores on sale now for what didnt sell at easter time.

OK, DM , you have inspired me. i have a 6lb ham (hickory smoked previously cooked). i have cross cut it to open it up a tad. i have applied mustard , killer hoggs rub and threw it in my number 2 at 240.

question to anyone listening: since it is previously cooked and only going to 140IT, what is the expected time to "cook".  usually we say 1.5 - 2 hours /lb but this isn't going to 170 or 190 like sliced or shredded pork.

inquiring minds want to know!

Tom, at 230, they usually take about 20-30 min per pound.  I wouldn't think yours will take longer than 3 hours to hit 140.  You don't want to go too fast, so it gets good smoke!

Back