The Smoke is here to hang out and get.........smokey!

smokeasaurus

Hey all,

I have had a Smokin-It model 3 a while back (when it had only 1 latch)but I parted with it a while back. We live in the mountains now and it is pretty darn cold for 6 months out of the year. Kinda dont want to feed sticks to my off-set when it is snowy out half the night and most of the day. Decided to grab another Smokin-It Model# 3. I remember a brisket I did with Oakridge Santa Maria seasoning for over 22 hours in the #3.....we pulled the entire flat and point...best brisket I ever did. This was a no brainer decision. While the other two companies that make SS smokers are good..there is something about what Steve has done with the Smokin-it brand that just stands out. This is a darn good forum as well thanks to all the Smokin-It owners  :)

I am a global moderator over on Lets Talk BBQ where Old Sarge hangs out with his Smokin-It. Looking forward to posting my smoking adventures with all of you and staying warm and dry this winter (gonna be a wet/snowy one)  :o  (If posting my other forum is a no-no please pm me and I will remove it)

Hi Scott,

Welcome back to Lazy-Q!

I live in ND and have smoked in -20 degree weather with no issues getting to and maintaining temps. I'm guessing you already know that the smoker is capable of this, but it is one of the reasons why I love my #3 so much. I can use it year round!

Smoke!  You're BACK!!  Sure missed you around here!  Yeah, we've grown a bit since you were here.  Glad to have you back with us. ;D

Haven't seen ya on LTBB in a spell divot...but looks like ya got a good home here. Gonna try to add to the smokey madness  8)

Yeah, haven't had a lot of time to hang anywhere else, for awhile, Scott.  Gotten pretty busy here, and helping Steve more and more with different projects.  I'll make time to pop in and see how you've grown, too!  LTBBQ is a very good site, and y'all do a great job!

We have grown to over 1,100 members.......we have unfortunately have had to ban 5 members in the last year for "un-forum" live behavior.......growing pains I guess you could call it.......

1800 members is extremely impressive since this is not a multi-pit type of forum. Hats off to Smokin-It and its members  :)

smokeasaurus said:
1800 members is extremely impressive since this is not a multi-pit type of forum. Hats off to Smokin-It and its members  :)

I believe that's what sets us apart as the "premier" electric smoker forum out there today!  Thanks Scott!

Hey Scott, welcome back from Kansas City, have heard you all are getting much needed rain in your state. Hope that puts out some of the fires in your state. I too have the #3 and really enjoy it and am sure you will enjoy your new smoker as well as you did your old one.

elkins20 said:
Hey Scott, welcome back from Kansas City, have heard you all are getting much needed rain in your state. Hope that puts out some of the fires in your state. I too have the #3 and really enjoy it and am sure you will enjoy your new smoker as well as you did your old one.

We did get a bunch of rain, fortunately we live in the mountains west of Big Bear in So-Cal. Those fires up in Nor-Cal are really scary........ :'(

another great reason to have the Smokin-It.......safety  8)      I was running an off-set and was burning live oak, I was stoking the fire when the wind hit and sent some embers flying...(my back yard is a forest)....I grabbed the hose and sprayed and sprayed........then sat on my rear deck with coffee and a flashlight half the night freezing my arse off watching to make sure nothing started...........come on Smokin-It........I need ya  ;D

It seems like this year has really been bad on the fires. Normally just hear of one or maybe 2 but from the way the news people are talking it is several fires at the same time. Years ago when I went thru boot camp in San Diego during the winter months our company and sister company was picked to help in forest fire fighting. That year did not have any. I do remember the nights being very cool and the ocean was just across the highway. I can imagine you freezing. Seems like the smokers travel pretty quick. I also bet you have some pretty scenery where you live and in the mountains.

Yeah, it is pretty nice up here Bill, whenever someone asks me where I live I answer this way:

" I live by a lake, in a forest, on a mountain"  8)

Here is the view from our front deck:

Rear Deck:

I have retired at 55. We sold our house in LA county and literally headed for the hills....my wife Wendy is a LVN and recently started working at Mountains Community Hospital in Lake Arrowhead......we are probably going to look for a cabin out that way so she can be closer to work..........I have to say we are pretty darn blessed.........when I start to complain about something you guys feel free to knock me up-side my head  ;D

I don't know Scott, way too many pine needles. Don't they hurt when you walk across them in bare feet?  ::)  Welcome from Colorado.

BedouinBob said:
I don't know Scott, way too many pine needles. Don't they hurt when you walk across them in bare feet?  ::)  Welcome from Colorado.

;D ;D  no shortage of pine needles around here......the other night the winds were so strong, the pine cones were bouncing off the roof...then we would hear them rolling off the roof onto the ground below........

smokeasaurus said:
Yeah, it is pretty nice up here Bill, whenever someone asks me where I live I answer this way:

" I live by a lake, in a forest, on a mountain"  8)

Here is the view from our front deck:

Rear Deck:

I have retired at 55. We sold our house in LA county and literally headed for the hills....my wife Wendy is a LVN and recently started working at Mountains Community Hospital in Lake Arrowhead......we are probably going to look for a cabin out that way so she can be closer to work..........I have to say we are pretty darn blessed.........when I start to complain about something you guys feel free to knock me up-side my head  ;D

What a great view, also bet it is nice and cool there. A nice wood cabin like Tom has on Mountain Men. If I was you would take my morning coffee on the back deck daily. I am still in the city, and living very close to my 96 year old Dad. But, thank God he is in better health than me.

Back