Tenderloin

dsskid

Looking to smike a 2.5-3 lb pork tenderloin for slicing this weekend.  I spotted smokeasaurus' receipe that sounded tasty, he recommended 155 IT and other recommend 145 IT.  As the tenderloin I'm smoking is very lean, I'm more apt to go with the 145 and searing it aferwards if need be.

My question is, using a #1, approximately how long can I expect it to take to reach 145 IT?

Not long.  An hour or 2 @ the most.  I pull mine @ 140 IT, wrap & rest.  It willl reach 145 while resting.

I haven't done a tenderloin yet but have done a couple pork loins. I start with a 10 pounder and cut it in half. Brined overnight and inject with creole butter, rub with Famous Daves rib rub and wrap in plastic and in the fridge overnight. Smoked at 225 with 3.5 ounces of cherry wood and a foil pan with apple juice till internal temp hit 155. Then took out wrapped in foil and towels to rest for an hour. Took about 4 hours to reach 155, came out very juicy and very tasty. I slice the whole thing and vacuum seal what I don't eat and freeze, warms up just like the day I made it.

Back