Sunday Pork Butt

shrews824

Smoked an 8.2 lb. pork butt on a cold Sunday here in Kentucky.
Rubbed with a bit of mustard and added a homemade rub (Not dillweed.  Just used the shaker.  :P)
Smoked at 225 degrees F with hickory wood chunks. 
This butt only took 10 hrs. to hit 195!!!
I have never had one cook that fast.
Wrapped for 1 hr and then pulled. 
Turned out pretty good I thought. 

Attachments

• porkbutt1.jpg
    porkbutt1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 384
  • porkbutt2.jpg
    porkbutt2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 378
  • porkbutt3.jpg
    porkbutt3.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 369
  • porkbutt4.jpg
    porkbutt4.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 402
old sarge said:
Looks good!  Butts sometimes finish early and sometimes late but always tasty.
For sure.  Just guessing, but this Butt looked a bit leaner and I'm guessing that contributed to the shorter cook time.  I also noticed that just a few parts were a little bit dryer (again, wondering if the lack of fat might have had something to do with it).  I added some of my drippings after I pulled to keep it moist and juicy.  It did the trick.  All in all though, a good cook.

JustChillin said:
Looks mighty good! While pulled pork is good on a cold day, it is also mighty good on any day. Happy Smoking.

No doubt about it!!!  Gonna have a little taste of it today for lunch too!!!

That's one of the fastest smokes I've ever heard of. It was definitely your lucky day! That is some fine looking pulled pork!

pargolfr2003 said:
That's one of the fastest smokes I've ever heard of. It was definitely your lucky day! That is some fine looking pulled pork!

No doubt about it.  I checked that thing with my thermometer about 6 times in various places to make sure I was getting a correct temp.  I couldn't believe it got done that fast!!!

Back