Stuffed Pork Loin

Donmac

I'm going to be throwing this little 3lb. stuffed pork loin in the smoker in about an hour.

It's stuffed with Italian Ham, Cheese, Garlic, Parsley and Butchers Black Pepper.

I ground some fresh Peppercorn and a little Kosher Salt to give it a slight rub.

I will use a mini loaf pan with some apple juice next to the firebox.

Game plan is to smoke at 235 using 2oz. Hickory (all I have at the moment) to an IT of 160

I will post some pics of the finished product in @ 3hrs. (yes slices :P)

Attachments

• stuffed_pork.jpg
    stuffed_pork.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 373
Hey Don, this sounds really good. Question could you add some bulk Italian sausage to the stuffing? Also a great place for wood is http://www.smokinlicious.com/. I just purchased some from them and really good grade of wood. Also some use the Maine Grilling Woods. You might check out the post on this forum titled what tree do you use which has a lot of good tips. I know Tony/Divotmaker swears by smokinlicious good luck with the stuffed loin.

Did you buy it stuffed?  It sounds like it will be great.  160 might be a touch higher than I would take it though.

looking great, Don!
I have yet to try one in SI, i'm new to electric smokers (160 IT might be a tad too much)...

Bill, yes, you can use sausages (no casing)... that's what i have in those little guys (long one are plain):

cb.jpg

The guys are right about pullin at 150...that sucker will continue to cook for a bit after it is pulled and loins are pretty lean.......

SuperDave said:
Did you buy it stuffed?  It sounds like it will be great.  160 might be a touch higher than I would take it though.

Yes Dave I bought it stuffed from The Butcher Boy in North Andover Ma.  I was in the area and stopped to pick up some tomato sausages that I used to buy often when I lived in that area. We picked up the sausages and of course I had to look around at there meats and this "popped out" at me and I made it mine.

Don,
you might run across my stuffed pork chops if you sniff around on the pork section here.  Stuffing, pork and smoke, what else does a guy need?  Well, besides a good beer to wash it down. 

DivotMaker said:
Bet that's gonna be good, Don!  I would also pull it no higher than 150.

Yep thats exactly what I did, 150. When I went to set the alarm on the maverick I decided to set it at 150 after thinking a about it for a couple of minutes. And I'm glad I did! it came out great. It took 2.5 hours to 150.

My wife and Son (texted him at work what was up and he said "sure I'll come by) said it was "wicked good" and if I may say so myself it was!

Attachments

• pork_loin3.jpg
    pork_loin3.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 419
  • pork_loin2.jpg
    pork_loin2.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 363
SuperDave said:
Don,
you might run across my stuffed pork chops if you sniff around on the pork section here.  Stuffing, pork and smoke, what else does a guy need?  Well, besides a good beer to wash it down.

Thanks Dave,  I have studied that post well :D they looked yummy as with many other recipes I have seen on here that I plan on making. I agree about the good beer too!

Thanks Guys, I am smoking a Cajun Pork Loin stuffed with crab & shrimp bacon wrapped today.
Had a plan but wanted confirmation of temps & times. Because of the seafood stuffing I will pull at 145* & double wrap in foil for 1/2 hour.

I experimented this year & smoked jalapeno's cut in half for 3 hours prior to dehydrating & making my personal smoked pepper flakes.
I grow my own peppers / herbs / onions / garlic & make my own Cajun seasoning although mine is 2 beers Hot.

JSRFrench said:
Thanks Guys, I am smoking a Cajun Pork Loin stuffed with crab & shrimp bacon wrapped today.
Had a plan but wanted confirmation of temps & times. Because of the seafood stuffing I will pull at 145* & double wrap in foil for 1/2 hour.

I experimented this year & smoked jalapeno's cut in half for 3 hours prior to dehydrating & making my personal smoked pepper flakes.
I grow my own peppers / herbs / onions / garlic & make my own Cajun seasoning although mine is 2 beers Hot.

How did this turn out?  It sure sounded good!

Back