Starting August off right

drains

2 butts about 9 lbs each no brine, injected with a mixture of Worcestershire, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and franks hot sauce. One rubbed down with John Henry pecan and one with John Henry stockyard rub. 18 hours later the butts are done and resting double wrapped in heavy duty foil in an insulated cooler. I'll give them an hour and then pull them. I'll back when the pork orgy has subsided. Pics below:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 330
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 305
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 293
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 301
Local grocery store running them for .99 lbs. probably freeze some. Wish I had a vac sealer now.

Looks great! And a 99 cents a pound you couldn't afford NOT to buy them. Those pics make me hungry for pulled pork. May have to do that this weekend.

Hey Bill, I think in this smoke the stockyard rub came through with the best bark as well as more flavor after the butt was pulled. After sampling them both I mixed them together and had enough for many days. The 140 is definitely in my plans. Happy smokin!

Hey Dale, I just noticed the finished pics are of the same butt (unless they were absolutely identical twins  ;) ).  Do you have a pic of the second butt, so we can see the difference in the bark with the second rub?

No I've already deleted them all. Sorry I didn't even notice. But hey that means I need to do it all again to verify my results, right? I'll get right on it! Thanks Tony!

Back