Spicy Sicilian Pizza

RG 2.0

I'm back with something good y'all! I made a Sicilian pizza for dinner recently and it rocked! I made up some fresh dough and some spicy garlic sauce using San Marzano tomatoes. I put some spicy pepperoni and hot Italian sausage on there with over a pound of fresh grated mozzarella, provolone and parmesan cheese. The dough basically gets fried in olive oil as it bakes. It is some righteous stuff! Crispy and chewy.

I used This Recipe for the most part. I added some honey and a little basil to the sauce and for the pizza I used less olive oil than it called for in the pan. I originally used what it said but ended up pouring some off after the dough was risen. I also used  more cheese than called for. It's pizza, you make it how you want. I added sausage and it was a good addition. I par cooked the sausage before putting it on the pizza.

Enough talk, take a look!

sic01.jpg

sic02.jpg

sic03.jpg

sic04.jpg

I have made this again since making the first one shown in this post. The second time I made it I used butter flavored crisco in the tray with just a smidge of olive oil. I wanted a buttery crust and it did the trick. It is out freaking standing! I suggest y'all give it a whirl.

That's a good looking pizza Jason. Made me instantly hungry.  And thanks for the recipe!

What Dave said! But it's too late to eat again, you making me go to bed hungry! But I'll have delicious dreams. thanks

Back