Spare Ribs!--My first smoke in the #2.

TNMama

I made these spare ribs in my #2. 5 hours at 235, took them out and put sauce on them and let them go for another 45 minutes. I used mustard and a rub from Oak Ridge BBQ overnight.

Ribs turned out great. They were nice and tender. This really was easy. The hardest part was not peeking!

Attachments

• IMG_1791.JPG
    IMG_1791.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 284
Those ribs look awesome Lauren! No peek is the way to go with ribs and it looks like you already have it down to an art!  Enjoy!

Hey Lauren, Those ribs look awesome, if not sure they are done. A quick test is insert a toothpick between the bones. IF it goes in like a knife going into warm butter and you can pull the meat from side to side without breaking the toothpick they are done. But, yours looked very good nice pull back on the bone and very good bark. Another rub you might like is John Henry's pecan rub.

They look good, Lauren!  3:15 on ribs is really short...did they pull off the bone easy?  We usually go the the 4.5-5.5 range on ribs.  If they didn't pull off the bone easy, you might increase that "no peek" time to at least 4 1/2 hours.

Lauren, your power of persuasion caused me to pick up some spare ribs last night at Sam's.  That's how good those ribs of yours look.  :)

TNMama said:
Ribs turned out great. They were nice and tender. This really was easy. The hardest part was not peeking!
Looking great Lauren....You are right the hardest part is not looking! BTW I've got some ribs going in my "Little Guy" shortly.

Back